1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andy White's accident got me thinking.

Discussion in 'General' started by Peanut37, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

I was discussing the unfortunate incident at Road Atlanta with my brother who races in California. He asked me if I knew Andy, and that question stuck with me. Because I couldn't really answer the question. I don't know if I knew him. I'm new to WERA this season, and I'm fairly social. I wander around the paddock a lot and try to meet people. I'm also on here pretty regularly. The thing is as racers we tend to post a lot of pictures of our motorcycles in action. I can tell you Andy had a beautiful Kawasaki ZX-10R, and he had great body position. The sad thing is, we tend to forget that there is a face behind the helmet. There is only a handful of fellow racers that I actually know and recognize without a motorcycle beneath them. So I thought I would start this thread to say goodbye and hello to Andy White, I'm sorry I didn't know you better.

Hi, my name is Michael Davis. I'm #37, and I go by the name Peanut.
    [​IMG]

2. There's a name to faces thread somewhere on here. Too lazy to search.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

A new one wouldn't hurt, most of the people in that thread no longer race.

4. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

Well this is one with a new focus.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

excellent heartfelt idea:up:. I get exactly what you are saying. I see names in results....or pictures of a faceless rider under the helmet,and we sometimes speak as brothers,yet many would pass you by without a clue as to who you are.in my 2nd year ive been racing now,its only every once in awhile I catch someones name that I recognize from say,RRW magazine,and im left saying to myself..."oh that's that guy!" there isn't enough of these connections,I agree.a bit of a shame really.

6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I agree with Kurt, that old thread is waaay outdated.
    Here's a couple:
    [​IMG]
    James Stroud, Chris Parrish, Travis Richards
    Gotta throw this one in there too as this is exactly what the WERA paddock is all about.
    [​IMG]
    Jon Couch, Darryl Emerson, Parrish, Hugh Enos, Rob Turner

7. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

This is exactly what I had in mind. Since he inspired this thread, does anyone have a picture of Andy?

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My baldness and my helmeted daughter.

Attached Files:

9. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

There are many out on Facebook. I'm on my phone, so P.I.A. or I'd post some. :D

Someone will be posting some soon no doubt.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I try to make it a point to at least introduce myself to folks after a race or at least close by.
    [​IMG]
    But here is me in uniform Steve Haft
    [​IMG]

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

With Bessie photobombing your pic :D

Barber for the endurance last year at the GNF.

[​IMG]

How others often seem to see me. Infernal machines...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

New to the paddock ...

I go by Phil

Peanut was one of the first guys I talked to at WERA / RRR in March ...

Kinda funny when you mess and have a foot
    Time with people online and end up walking by them at the track with just a "howdy" or so

Cheers!

Attached Files:

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure we covered that shirt in obscenities on Saturday night when you handed that sharpie to our drunk asses.

Good to meet you, Phil. :up:

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Racewife and I:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I'm that guy in last place all the time: Colin Gast, #43.

[​IMG]

17. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I didnt know Andy, but I was stunned by the loss. I dont really know why, but it really bothered me.....Possibly because I've been helping a young friend get into this, his mother came to the track friday, and said she was not really happy about what her son was doing, but was willing to go along with it, and she felt better after spending the day.

Heres a couple of my vintage mug. One is with my GF :)rolleyes: Dont tell the wife), and the other is holding a trophy now owned by Marc Marquez. :rock:

Hey Kurt, just for clarity.... by "how other people view me" do you mean broke down, smoking, pulled of the track, looking down like WTF??:D :Poke:....or do you mean from behind?

RIP Andy.

Attached Files:

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Goofing with my brother on a raining Tally night. This really is a big family here and it hurts when something happens to one of your "brothers" on the track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Turbo,

Why is the only person not "Built" in the photo, wearing a built shirt??? Inguiring minds want to know.:crackup:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What's an inguiring mind?