1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And the bombing in Syria starts

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by LabRat, Sep 22, 2014.

1. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I was just watching a report. Should be interesting. I'm curious if Syria actually gave the green light, or if we just went in across a "border that exists in name only".

3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

So they went ahead and started bombing locations in Syria without Assads permission? Wow. I mean, we all knew US didn't give a shit about other countries thoughts about us aggression but this is basically declaring war.

Why haven't they bombed training camps in known Arab countries. Oh right, they are our "allies" and we don't want to piss them off.

It's actually quite funny how everything "bad" that Libs bitched about Bush, Obama is doing and they are just shrugging their shoulders.

4. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

First time we have used the F-22 in combat.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

These threads should be a good barometer of what Dems feel. No non-Dems are allowed to post.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025572037

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025572396

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025572061

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014901197

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025572670

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025572552

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

As I see it, the Bamanator didn't really have a choice. We saw what happened when we allowed those Al Qaeda jokers free reign over their own country. Honestly, I see this as the new normal. Instead of large state on state wars, we'll see constant air and special operations campaigns around the world against non-state actors 24/7 for the next 50 years. Expect drone and air campaigns to continue unabated around the world as long as we all live.

7. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Guess we didn't have a strong media presence in Syria to give us a bomb-by-bomb report. There is very little coverage of this.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It tends to put a damper on coverage when the bad guys snatch journalists and chop their heads off on YouTube.

9. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

I wonder if 'Bronco 'Bama used his Nobel peace prize as a backer to sign the order, starting another war?

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Syria no longer controls the areas being bombed. Assad is probably happy about what is being done.

11. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

So, we are now allies with Syria and Iran. :up:

Hey, what does Hollywood think of their guy now? :crackup:

12. Sacko DougK

He had it melted and turned into bullets.

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is exactly what will happen.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Of course they do not let non Dems post. All of their emotion based "logic" falls apart in the face of facts. But what do you expect from a group that voted for someone who promised "Hope and Change" but had no plan to achieve this idealistic vision.:down:
    The good thing for Bush is the longer Barry is around the better Bush seems. I thought he was not that great of a President but compared to Obama he was a champ!

16. Sacko DougK

Wait, the strikes in Syria were based upon a need to disrupt an imminent threat of attack in the U.S.?? I could have sworn I just watched testimony in front of Congress and the President himself telling the American public that there is no threat of attack in the U.S.. WTF!! :crackup:

17. Sacko DougK

Ok, so.......Where do you guy see this going? Here is my hypothetical.

-We will initiate regime change in Syria. To buy off the Russians, we will let them have Ukraine.

-Obama will pull the troops out of Syria before his Presidency is over, so that (in his own mind) that he is minimizing the damage that the US does around the world to appease his Idiot base.

-Based upon everything that Obama has done, Iran will sit back and wait for the Dipshit to pull out as quickly as possible allowing Iran to gain a major foothold in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.

-Everything we gained, spent, and bled for in Iraq and Afghanistan, is now lost due to this dumb fuck.

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Vice News has had a dude rolling around Aleppo with rebels and doing reports on IS and the other government rebel groups and getting shot at and shit. its pretty good boots on the ground reporting. here's the thing... he's not a dumbass looking nerdy white kid. probably helps his cause of not getting chopped up a bunch.

they got a dude in Ukraine too. got kidnapped for a while actually then released. almost a weekly or bi-weekly dispatch from there.

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Assad's guy was just out last week talking about the US needing approval for any military operations within Syria's borders. Whether it's "under their control" is moot ... It's still not ours.

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Nope, Bush enjoyed tremendous support.

Now this is a good question! My take: The assumption is that Obama wants nothing more than to deliver on his campaign promises but the circumstances simply don't allow it. That's a reasonable answer for his constituents. Likewise it was reasonable to gloss over W's problems for his supporters. I think you'll see a similar cooling off from the GOP when their guy continues the status quo. Hopefully at some point the electorate will realize that neither side cares what they think. ;)

I think Iraq reverts to tribal alignments. Sunni militants are kept out of southern-Iraq (Shia tribe) and the Kurdish region. Turkey gets an influx of support to keep a lid on this spilling into Europe and Asia. ISIS will keep their stake in Iraq and be joined by their displaced Syrian occupiers. From there the Sunnis will be negotiated with and influenced or beatened into a more moderate state. To summarize, I don't think the strategy in the region has changed since ~2012.