1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And so it begins...

Discussion in 'General' started by panthercity, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Dave K can stand up in that bunk.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

This is what Groome needs to keep him quietly confused.

20993850_10159429064820160_8062296994049175256_n.jpg

dtalbott, panthercity and TurboBlew like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ours was okay side to side but the roof was/is too low, I seriously couldn't turn over up there. My shoulders would get stuck :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But not everyone comes in the giant economy size.

dtalbott likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

Part of the issue on mine is the chassis is a full semi so they can't go up too much in the front and stay 12'6" - without doing a weird ass bulge up there. Doesn't bother me, have two couches, the dinette, the bed, and the floor for sleeping if need be.

dtalbott and panthercity like this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

When are you picking it up?
    Let me know if you need anything. Im local to Elkhart now.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Way late to this thread....Soooo, there is no side structure/frame...the cabinets and interior are the structure? (Interesting, I never saw the sausage made).

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Thanks! We pick her up on the 30th. I'll keep you in mind.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

My old racing partner used to say; "Two things you do not want to watch being made, sausage and legislation."

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mainly the FRP is the structure - same as that Renegade trailer I had behind the RV. Just some bracing inside.

11. ChemGuy

There is an AL frame on the sides, and either steel or AL in the floor. The spaces in between these AL tubes will be filled with EPS foam insulation. The exterior is made form FRP outer skin, maybe .04-.080" thick. Usually some ~1/8" luan plywood laminated to the FRP. This outer skin is then laminated to the AL/foam frame. The interior is similar, luan plywood is laminated to layers of the interior vinyl, fabric, etc and then laminated on the frame. These walls are very strong do to the large surface area that is glued together. Even if the glue to EPS is only a few psi, you have 10-20,000 square inches bondede. This is for a smooth sided trailer or motorcoach. If the sides are corrugated, then its probably a "stick and tin" model. 2x2 wood framing, filled in with insulation bats and the same type of laminated interior but with the corrugated tin for strength and structure on the outside. Cheaper way to build.

I go to several of these assembly plants and lamination plants for Jayco, Keystone, Thor, etc everyday. They all build basically the same way from the same suppliers. Some use nicer stuff and do a better job than others.

V5 Racer and panthercity like this.
  12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the pictures of the start and all the way thru, steel frame base...just surprised there is NOT any framing uprights WELDED to the sides and roof..I kind of thought they built differently...no wonder the one I saw rolled over on the Interstate a few years back looked like an unfolded shoebox...it was.

13. ChemGuy

yeah. they are all bolted on, sides, roof etc.

help the plants are so busy, they are building tons of more assembly plants, they can't get enough workers. welders especially. some of them are using structural adhesives instead of welding the frames. just tacking them.
    all that Al is spool gunned anyways. no time to tig it. tack it, pull it off the jig and ship it....

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Getting closer and closer! Photo Aug 28, 5 00 56 PM.jpg Photo Aug 28, 5 01 38 PM.jpg Photo Aug 28, 5 01 42 PM.jpg

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Those seats looks comfy.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Pick UP.jpg And a photo of Anna and I picking up our new toy!

V5 Racer, bleacht, 5axis and 9 others like this.
  17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Compare1.jpg Compare2.jpg A comparison of our 2011 Winnebago Access Premier 31 NP and our 2018 Nexus Phantom. 32SC.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sweet.

panthercity likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Will it wheelie? :beer:

dtalbott and Phl218 like this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Enjoy, PC.