1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An American experience

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tiggen, Sep 9, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And use a cooler, not a box.
    And get a bag of lime.
    And a shovel.

Posting for a friend.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Lime? Are you making a man-gorita?

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I guess he's never heard of the black panthers in the 60's. They were the reason for changes in gun laws in Calif.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Remove the race from the above and he'd still have the same issues. It may affect the initial call happening depending on the asshole calling but would usually have no bearing on the rest of it, plenty of asshole people in neighborhoods who don't like bikes and strangers and will lie to the cops.

Overall I don't open carry because of that exact reason, it could and would exacerbate things in a lot of situations. Concealed and letting the popo know in any interaction with them works just fine.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord just stop making up shit. The overwhelming majority of times the cops shoots someone with a gun it's because the idiot is pointing the gun at them, not because it's on their waist and they have their hands up while things get sorted out.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do and then you bitch about how badly they treat people...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it can be a problem. See it all the time from all sorts of races against other races. The ones that concern me are the instances portrayed as being okay racism and not condemned by those who are calling it out in other areas. That is truly scary.

However being profiled by cops isn't inherently racist. They do so based on all sorts of things of which race is just one and sadly they're right to do so in most instances. But it's not all black folks in a white hood, it's white kids in a black hood or hispanic or whatever. If you're cruising around slowly at 2-3am in any hood you're going to get pulled over. There are all sorts of things that can easily be portrayed as racist that have nothing to do with race, however that doesn't stop those who make their livings from past true racism trying to create more of it...

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, sketchy looking people cruising through the neighborhood on BMX bikes always get my attention. Doesn't matter what race, sex or how old they are, if they're rolling through slowly looking around, I'm paying close attention.