1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American Supercamp

Discussion in 'General' started by Harp, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Any of you guys ever attend American Supercamp?

http://www.americansupercamp.com/

I have a chance to attend. I've never ridden dirt bikes, so thought it would be a good idea to get a feel for sliding, etc.

Thoughts?

2. Racer773

Racer773 Backmarker

Supercamp is great - I learned a lot and had way too much fun on such a little bike! I would absolutely recommend it.

George

3. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

:stupid:

Same experience. Had an absolute blast.

- Roach

4. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

:stupid:

5. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Any of you guys ever attend American Supercamp?
    Yes.

It was the bomb. Worth the money and travel time. Just do it, you'll love it.

6. rc-rick

rc-rick Well-Known Member

Did taking the school help you ride on the track any better?

7. Silo Pete

Any school you take, or track day, will allow you take something you've gained and then to bring something on race day. I felt the class really helped me in sliding the bike, in accepting that I was going to fall down (repeatedly) and to understand sliding and that whole concept.

8. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

I hope it's good. I'm taking it next week in delaware. :)

9. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I hope they bring some XR200's .... :D

- Roach

10. HandleThis66

HandleThis66 I'm a monster.

Oh hells yah, that school is fun. Remember lots of ibuprofen (if you aren't in good shape). If you don't learn anything you think you can apply to roadracing, just keep in mind that you will look cool doing donuts on your pitbike...:moon:
    Ciao, Rhiannon

11. Silo Pete

Listen to Rawker Rhiannon, we were in the same supercamp together.

BRING ADVIL!
    :)

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So did she kick your ass?
    I took Super Camp in this shitty barn in Indiana.It was the first and only time they ran it there.I tried riding with the slower group, but they bumped me up with the experts, and there were a few full on flat trackers in the group.It was very cool. Last 2 sessions, Chris Carr came out, it was open practice, anything goes. We ended up going 4 laps 3 wide in every corner, Chris tugging on my chest protector while in full lock slide.I think it was about the most fun I ever had on a dirt bike:up:

13. Silo Pete

F**k yes she did. Bumped me out of the way a few times, kept whooping it up. :)

I started in the intermediate group and got bumped down to beginner. The story of my life right there.

14. Baldrick

Baldrick I blackflagged no. 808!

Supercamp's about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. You don't know what fast is until Chris Carr passes you everywhere, effortlessly. You think you're haulin ass, and he's just loafin' on by you. And then Carr gets into the tank truck, drives it out onto the dirt and soaks it with water so it's slippery as sh*t. And you ride on that stuff, and everyone falls down. It's stoopid fun. The second day is better than the first, especially the afternoon, when they set up a little TT course, because everyone starts racing each other and Carr still blows right by everyone.

Bring advil, ibuprofin, etc. I don't care how good shape you're in. You'll be sore at the end of the day, especially if you crash - or I should say when you crash, because you will. I recommend the steak house on route 13, a few miles up from the fair grounds. They serve alcohol. You'll want it by the end of the day.

15. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

It sounds great. I'm a little worried about getting beat up though. The supercamp is Friday/Saturday outside of Seattle and I'm supposed to fly out to Miller in Utah for Monday/Tuesday track days on the race bike.

16. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Yeah yeah yeah. Now I rememeber why I liked you moving to delaware. It's not virginia.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've heard nothing but good things too. My dad took it a few years back and I keep wanting to take it myself ..

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

HA Ha Ha:D
    Don't know if they still do it, but I recieved a Super Camp t-shirt.
    You know what it says? "I survived Americian Super Camp"
    Make sure you have the best pants with knee and hip protection.With that, you should be ok. :beer:

19. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I would love to go but 6 bills is alot :confused:

20. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Yes, and I'd love to do it again.