1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American foreign policy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Aug 27, 2003.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You forgot the Communist state of CA. :D

:Poke: :Poke:

2. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Greg, you wrote,
    Then,

So I'm trying to understand, the people that are willing to come to America and kill to make a policitcal point are "crazy" or "terrorists" . You advocate exporting American culture (or your version of it) through violent means if necessary, yet you're not crazy or a terrorist ???

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yes, we americans are terrorist assholes.

(still better than being canadian):rolleyes:

4. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

No, it means that if you're a terrorist asshole we will hunt you down and terminate you with extreme prejudice.

Works for me.

And screw the rest of the world if they don't like it.

5. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Well... If you consider Freedom, Civil rights, and Democracy American culture, then...
    I guess guilty as charged.

Actually 99% of the time we try to "export" American culture unintentally simply via commerce (selling coke, jeans, and mickey mouse) or by simply trying to be nice and help people out.

Our current problems all stem from various American administrations handling and mis-handling the global chess game of the cold war with the Soviet Union from '45 - '91. Besides the Russians telling most of the third world that the US was evil incarnate while handing out the free AK-47s, they didn't care how bad off their people were as long as they toed Moscow's line. Where we tended to insist that they play nice, and tried to make them more like us ("helping them").
    Some people see this as cultural imperalism and resist, rightly so. But it doesn't and never will justify murdering thousands of innocent people INTENTIONALLY (this qualifaction included for Due's benifit).

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Greg,
    I did not say exactly what I meant to say. I agree with you that you have every right to say your culture is better (at least so long as you are in the US), however narrowminded I think that kind of statement is. What I really meant was "what gives you the right to want to force your culture on other people?" Does this explain my position better?

I don't believe my culture is better than another just like I don't believe my race is superior to any other. If a North Korean is happy in his country and does not like American culture, why would you feel the need to "free" him? Same thing about communism. If Eastern Europe was happy with it, then he is better for them regardless of how you feel about it. By the way, how you recently asked a homeless person how they feel about capitalism? I personally like it, which is why I chose to live in the US. But I can understand and respect that some other people may think it is a bad system. Can you?

I agree with the statement that your foreign policy should be what best serves your interests. What I find disgusting is that those bastards in charge (at any time, not just now) use excuses like bringing freedom to other people. They don't care about it, and they should have the guts to say it. I would have a lot more respect for the administration if the war was called "operation get rid of Saddam Hussein." "Enduring Freedom" sounds like somebody in Washington actually cares about the Iraqi people. First of all, who said everybody wants freedom and democracy? Just because we do doesn't mean it is universal.

Either way, how have the American interests been served? I am glad that bastard was removed in his offsprings were neutralized. But how is America better off? Do you really believe they had the power to strike you? I think US soldiers are being killed every day for no good reason. And by the way, where is bin Laden? I don't know how you feel, but this hasn't made me forget they haven't found him.

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

papa, you NEED to chill.

bin laden is looked for everyday. could you be found easily on the ivory coast if you were hiding?

i'm also positive that if you asked most iraqi people that they prefer to have choices instead of living in fear everyday of their "elected" leader.

what the hell are you planning on coming back here for? it's obvious you think it's done better in other places.

8. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Funny, I remeber talking to you the day that you were watching the pentagon billowing smoke from your apartment.

I find it hard to believe anyone has the narrow vision to believe they don't have the power to strike.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Brad, why are you so insecure? You have demonstrated a pattern of getting angry at any criticism of America (or your idol George Jr.). For your information, I am much more critical of the assholes running the Ivory Coast into the ground that I am of American government. But I would not expect to find too many people here with enough knowledge of things happening abroad to have a conversation about that. So I have conversations about America. And I am sorry to break it to you, but it is not perfect. It does not mean I don't like it. I made the choice to live there. It does not mean I don't have a right to be critical. What I am not allowed to do is to commit a crime. Just like you. Sorry, it's your own law. As far as the Iraqi people are concerned, you only know what CNN told you about them. Feel free to prove me wrong. Does your reaction mean you will be fighting with me again? Cool!
    :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I meant a strike from Iraq. Unless you eliminate every single one of them, no amount of going to war can prevent a strike from within the US. Is killing everyone there the objective? If it is, sorry, I misunderstood what the government is doing. By the way, the guy who flew the airplane that sent smoke into my apartment was from Saudi Arabia. I know it's all the same to you, but I thought I would point it out.
    ;)

I haven't seen you online in a while. Are you back in school? How is the boy?

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

nah, i won't fight you. (you'd like it too much) but the next time i see you, i'm gonna lick your forehead and ears. and, there won't be a fucking thing you can do about it. :D

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

oh, and ted nugent said it best.

"america sucks, yeas it is true. but it happens to suck A LOT LESS than anywhere else in the world".

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

amen to that. I knew you were not as dumb as you look.:)

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

back at ya frenchie. have a good weekend!!

15. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Gotcha on the strike, I thought you meant in general.

Yeah, back in school, taking 13 hours this semester. The boy is huge, started pre-k. Taking him to Disney world in a few weeks for his 5th birthday.

thanks for asking. :D

I'll keep IM on more, maybe I'm just missing you when I have it.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

I'll drink to that one. :beer: