1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Fire Stick or Roku

Discussion in 'General' started by evakat, Nov 25, 2018.

1. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Which unit is a better system?
    Wife asked me to look into.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

AppleTV

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I've got an older Roku2 (I think? :confused:) and just upgraded my av receiver to a 4k pass through and threw an Xbox One on the system.

Xbox does 4K Netflix, which is nice.

Xbox doesn't do surround for Pandora, which is the suck. I still get Pandora surround from the Roku though so it's not going away anytime soon.

Curious if the Ultra generates surround on stereo broadcast stuff like the 2 does.

6. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

question, dosnt your internet have to be strong enough for them to work well? fronter isnt the best ,but its all we can get.

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Needs to have whatever minimum speed (download speed) to support what you are trying to do. Audio is pretty lightweight, HD video and 4K require decent internet speeds.
    This is true for any streaming media player. The higher the resolution, the more data speed you need for it to work smoothly.

My Roku works fine in 1080P on a basic Internet connection - 10Mb down, but when I'm streaming races, I'm not doing anything else with my internet connection. YMMV

8. pickled egg

I don't remember if I'm 10 or 20 down, my concern is blasting through my 250GB plan on reruns of Forensic Files instead of hot streaming VR pr0nz. :D

9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

speedtest.com for checking speed,

But save all your BW for pron. :up:

10. pickled egg

Pfft! Like I'm gonna fire up the laptop to test my data speeds. :crackup:

If I can't do it on my phone it don't need doin'! ;)

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I’m not sure about that, but your receiver should have a ‘multi-channel stereo’ mode.

12. pickled egg

[​IMG]

It reads like stereo instructions. :D

13. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

They have an app too.

XFBO likes this.