1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Suzuki Superbike Showdown Rd Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by Calamari68, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Calamari68

Calamari68 Well-Known Member

So... Anyone going?

I plan on being there Thursday night and camping at the track for the three days. Thanks to Suzuki for the free tickets.... Of course I had to own a Hayabusa to get them. :D And Since my GF bought the 1K she gets some free passes too. Also, I am able to buy 3-day + paddock + hospitality tent for $50 for my "friends". Savings of $40? Anyone want to be a "friend"? ;)

I typically setup the canopy at turn 10a, b for watching the races.... not sure where to put the tent yet.

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yep mighty nice of Suzuki to give up free passes. I bought a 20th Anniversary GSX-R 750 so I'm in.:D Wife misssed the savings deal she bought her 3 day pass a week ago online, it was only $70 with paddock access. Should be a nice layed back weekend of racing then it's on to the mountains for some R&R on the V-Strom.:clap:

The money I saved by getting a free pass unfortunately I'll be putting that money in the gas tank of my truck to haul 2 bikes there and back:mad:

3. Calamari68

Cool deal! Well shoot me a PM and I will let you know where we are.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Another busa owner here with a free pass, and I'll be there. I am only 15 minutes from the track, so no big gas bill for me.

Kurt

5. MikeM

MikeM Well-Known Member

Remember, if Ben can somehow clinch the Championship @ VIR. KS #34 has to wear a pink skirt and be his umbrella girl!!! Suzuki is gonna love that... :wow:

6. Calamari68

well heading up tomorrow to get settled in.... Anyone else going to be there?? Camping??

7. roy826ex

Looks like we are not going to make it. Things are way bad here in Mississippi, to bad to leave plus gas prices are through the roof! Wife already boaught tickets, $75 bucks wasted.:( Gas at $3 a gallon now this morning and long long lines. Stations are running out daily. Power is still out at my house going on 3 1/2 days.

8. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

wow roy, that sucks! so you just cant get any gas to get to the track?

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I'll be there, won't be camping. I'll be doing the long 40 minute drive home each night. But look for me in Turn 10 taking pics!

10. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Vicky, James and I will be there looking for your smilling face:D

11. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I'll be there working one of the crash trucks. Actually this year, I have decided NOT to use my own truck because of the mileage on it. I just turned 186,000 on it yesterday or the day before. Thank you "Indigo Blue" for holding together for me. I can't afford to tear it up and the older it gets the more likely that is to happen. And it's difficult to not run it hard when on the track. I will have my trailer there though and I guess I will be the trailer jockey this weekend. Unless of course someone taps me on the shoulder and wants me to help announce. ;) Hey, give me a microphone and I will do some announcing from the crash trailer. :D

12. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Actually, just found out I will be camping...taking my trailer and parked next to KWS...Can't wait to see everybody!

13. MikeM

MikeM Well-Known Member

Fri. early AM. Crash Truck. Vicki, I have a pic. of Leo from Laguna to give him. Be lookin' for ya... :beer:

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Could you sell them? If they will be at the gate waiting and someone had your email conformation to pick them up? Just an Idea.

15. roy826ex

Good idea but she has them here in Ms. Almost did a will-call on them but had them mailed to us instead.

16. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I guess everything is shut down as far as mail, UPS, etc. right? I was going to say find a buyer and overnight them to my house or work. I'm right down the road from the track. But probably not possible from the way you sound. Sorry for your situation, and all the others too. :(

17. roy826ex

UPS is running but are way behind. I was expecting a set frame sliders for my 750 from Intuitive yesterday, they dd not show up, maybe today.:(

Appreciate the offer Jeff. I guess we'll just keep them as a keep sake to remember this aweful ordeal in the near future. She will be cancelling the room reservation at the Jameson either today or tomorrow so one more room in the area available, FWIW it was for friday and saturday nights.

Sucks I won't even be able to see the races on TV.:mad:

18. Calamari68

heading to track now.... anyone want the $50 weekend pass needs to call me ASAP.

that is all....

Bill
    404-229-1571

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Come by the WERA booth in the vendor area and say hello. :)

20. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I know UPS and other carriers have shut down service to certain areas. Zip codesin MS that start with 394-395 specifically.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005