1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA/MOTOAMERICA Entry Level Class, KTM Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by SCHMITTY91, Nov 13, 2014.

1. peteyt328

peteyt328 Member

If anyone still wants to pick up one of these bikes but missed an early opportunity. Let me know, I have a line on one.

2. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Thanks! Actually I am getting more involved in the class. Ashton Yates and GPtech llc have teamed up, with Aaron Yates managing the program for the season. Should be fun. Maybe develop a couple parts too?

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Your stuff is always top notch!

4. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Great news !! Been hearing good things about Ashton from the Herrin Compound :up:

5. nantahala

nantahala Well-Known Member

Nice!

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Thought you could only use kit parts on the AMA bike.

7. Here's a short list, clip on's, case guards, pipe crash guard,steering damper, adjustable rear sets with heel guards.Congrats, great to see your involvement. Ashton will do very well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I'm betting he's looking more to support the WERA, and other club racers who are racing the non-Cup bikes.

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i'm working on graphics for them

10. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for a track ready 390 for the cup series Central Florida Power Sports has on for 10k and three 2015 R1s. They are located in Kissimmee, Florida.

11. As of last week 23 bikes registered for the grid at Road A. More last minute entries too. This will be fun.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Excellent!!

13. backcountryme

Braeden Ortt from here in Calgary will be there. He just finished racing in Donington at the European Jr Cup race and is heading to Road America. He is a damn good racer at 15 years old and only started racing about 4 years ago.

14. Good stuff, there are racers in this series from Mexico and as far away as South Africa. I like the momentum I see so far. I have heard also that there are four former German ADAC RC390 Cup series racers who transitioned directly to Moto3. :up:

15. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Was reading the spec sheet for the RC390Cup bike. What's with the "restrictor plate"???

16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Some tracks are restrictor plate tracks, some arent. You are free to add wedge as needed, but matched and staggered straight tires are strictly prohibited.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I see what you did there and I appreciate the effort:crackup:

18. backcountryme

Bike of the future. You have to fit the template thought.

19. If you crash and pit your crew chief must give the direction to give it the high gear only.

20. backcountryme

Will there be a gopher cam?