1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA in Sconny! (spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, May 31, 2013.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Any info/updates on the riders conditions?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't seen anything really official on any of them.

Also - unless you have info directly from the rider or their family I'd appreciate you refrain from speculation.

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Ricardo Valdez (109) P3 on the front row is in good spirits from the last FB post I saw.

5. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I was on the wall with one of combat vet's working with Rob Linders (Tyler's father) team. I will say it one of the worst incidents to have happen in recent memory. All the teams lent a hand and jumped over the wall to assist. It was a group effort. I've been in touch with Rob, and I'm sure he will eventually post up on Tyler's condition. Our thoughts go out to everyone, families and riders.

6. motox

motox 164

7. some guy #2

Seeing the Yosh TL1000R was pretty cool. I told them they should bring all the bikes out for the Indy GP event.

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

That crash was intense. I have never seen so much carnage at the racetrack. I thought it would never end...it was like slow motion. I saw bikes passing without riders, bikes in the air, riders getting launched like rockets and bodies getting ran over.

Our rider made it through without issue. Once I saw him pass I ran up to help get bikes out of the way. It was great to see all of the teams pull together to help clear everything. It really helped the medics and officials do their job. I thought the AMA handled the situation very well.

Valdez and Linders were both pitted really close to us. They were both doing very well throughout the event, I hate to see their weekend end like that. I wish them both a speed recovery.

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

holy shite! amazing they are relatively ok. that was hard to watch

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I remember Steve mentioning something about them running a new US made rear at RA, with I guess similar carbon fiber carcass like they are using on the Q3s now?

:confused:

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The new tires looked like they were holding up well. Laps times were pretty consistent in the Superbike field.

12. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Good to see ya, Tuna. Great job helping out. Thanks for grabbing Tyler's bike.

13. some guy #2

The paint was to make sure the tire was mounted correctly. Dunlop wanted the soft or med side on the left side.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wonder how the Airfence transition went since AMA took it over. I noticed a couple places the fence was bookended with hay bales. Normal I guess?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Normal for AMA Pro, still not sure why.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ahhh, interesting

17. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Worse race start pile-up I've seen since WSBK at Laguna in '98

More shit of riders getting hurt removed.

Prayers for speedy and complete recoveries for the injured riders...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

How about instead of prayers you don't post shit glorifying hurt riders?

19. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

im guessing someone deleted the post you are referring to?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I deleted the link to the Laguna crash from his post.