1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA at miller with WSBK 2011?

Discussion in 'General' started by tunawest, Aug 13, 2010.

1. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

G dub posted on his facebook (yes I know, facebook is ghey) that during a riders meeting, it was announced that AMA would be at miller for the WSBK round in 2011.

anyone heard how true this is???

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Until contracts are signed nothing is true.

3. tunawest

true dat.

well im still excited!

4. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

That is absolutely right! There have been talks happening though, so things could be up. I do know that WSS wont be back...

5. tunawest

6. caferace

caferace No.

I have to admit I think it would be nice if we have the smaller classes back at Laguna with MotoGP again .... :)

-jim

7. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I'm really on the fence about that one. On one hand, yeah it would be great to see Moto2 (imagine T2 on the start!?!? :eek:) and the 125s as well.

But...

It's been really nice the past few years knowing people in the paddock (AMA racers/friends) and having places to chill during all the down times. Not having AMA there would be like a throw-back to the first 2 years my son and I went to Laguna and knew no one. :(

8. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

That sucks, I was kinda wanting to make the trek out there one of these days and watch them. I usually like the WSS races better than the SBK races even though they have their own aliens this year.

9. caferace

caferace No.

Follow me around. :D

-jim

10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Yeah...

about that...

I've finally come around to listening to MotoGPod now that I broke down and bought an MP3 player. I've been listening at work to about 1 show per day and I'm trying to get caught up. Pretty good stuff! :up:

I started with the Whitham episode but I'm still waiting to hear about the Qatar races (next episode). I absolutely loved the Mark Miller interview. :D Not because of the frequent use of the f-bomb but because, unlike the mostly guarded responses from most of the other riders, he seemed to really speak what was truly on his mind. :up:

11. caferace

caferace No.

If you're that far back there are a couple more with him. He's f*cking fun as hell to talk with. :up:

-jim

p.s.. Papa is "on" this weeks show. Again. :D

12. caferace

caferace No.

Whaddya know.

-----

For Immediate Release

AMA Pro Racing Returning to Miller Motorsports Park in 2011

Series to Make First Utah Appearance Since 2008

TOOELE VALLEY, UTAH (August 13, 2010) — AMA Pro Racing will return to the Miller Motorsports Park schedule in 2011 and will join the FIM Superbike World Championship presented by HANNspree on Memorial Day weekend, May 28-30, 2011.

This event will mark the return of AMA Pro Racing to Miller Motorsports Park for the first time since 2008. They will be joined on the schedule by the third annual Lucas Oil Superbike Challenge.

The AMA Pro Racing series will complement the Utah USA Round of the FIM Superbike World Championship presented by HANNspree, which will be making its fourth appearance in Utah.

“AMA Pro Racing was one of the highlights of Miller Motorsports Park’s schedule when the track opened in 2006,” said John Larson, general manager of Miller Motorsports Park. “We are very pleased to welcome them back, and we look forward to renewing old acquaintances with our AMA friends. We are particularly excited about having the new Vance & Hines XR1200 series here, since Utah is a hotbed of Harley-Davidson enthusiasts.”

Bryan Miller, assistant general manager of Miller Motorsports Park, said, “With the return of AMA Pro Racing, we will host the most competitive motorcycle race weekend in North America in 2011; the best in the world with SBK, the best in the U.S. with AMA Pro Racing and the best semi-pro race with the Lucas Oil Superbike Challenge. This competition is the cornerstone of the new Memorial Day tradition we are working to build for America's motorcycling community.”

“We are delighted to be returning to Miller Motorsports Park,” said AMA Pro Chief Operating Officer and Managing Member, David Atlas. “Our riders have indicated that racing at Miller Motorsports Park was very important and we were delighted that we could come to an agreement with the Miller family and the track to combine the best of AMA Pro road racing with the World Superbike Championship to create a real celebration of motorcycle racing.”

As was the case this year, the Memorial Day weekend event will be one of the biggest sporting events in the state of Utah since the 2002 Winter Olympics. This year’s event included a welcome ceremony with Governor Gary R. Herbert at the Utah State Capitol, a street party at the Gateway Mall, a major classic-rock concert featuring Foreigner, Styx and Kansas at the track, and three days of racing and entertainment for families.

“This year’s event was the most successful event in the track’s history,” said Larson. “We look forward to making our 2011 event even bigger and better.”

Information on ticket prices and event details, including a major concert, for the 2011 World Superbike/AMA Pro Racing weekend will be announced in the near future.

For more information on the FIM Superbike World Championship, visit their Web site at www.WorldSBK.com. For more information on AMA Pro Racing, visit their Web site at www.AMAProRacing.com. For more information on the 2011 World Superbike/AMA Pro Racing weekend at Miller Motorsports Park, visit www.SBKUSA.com. For general information regarding Miller Motorsports Park, call 435-277-RACE (7223) or visit www.MillerMotorsportsPark.com.

-----

-jim

13. mxracer95

mxracer95 Well-Known Member

Got the AMA press release a few minutes ago. Yay!

Will the WERA round still be the weekend before?

14. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Why not? :Poke:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just listened. Y'all bastards threw me under the bus. My conspiracy theory made a lot of sense inside my head. :moon::D

16. caferace

caferace No.

:D

-jim