1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Also looking for some advice.

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by jamve, Dec 12, 2011.

1. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I want to race WERA west. I'm 40 and have never raced before. Been riding track for 4 years. I ride an 08 GSXR 1000. I started riding on the street back in 89 and I've had a few bikes over the years but growing up was all in the dirt. Got hooked on track riding after my 1st day out on big Willow. I've always used Dunlop slick take off's. I'm going to attend the racer school with Fastrackriders on 1/7/12. If everything goes well, can I race on Sunday the 8th? My engine is stock, slip on exhaust with a PC3. I have a brembo RCS MC, Ohlins TTX and a Bazzaz QS. What class am I eligible for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, if you pass the school you can race Sunday no problem at all. You'll be able to run A Superbike, Senior Superbike HW, and Formula 1.

3. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Thank you!

4. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo I've sent a few emails to wera. Not getting any responses. My work email sometimes quarantines emails and I don't know about it. Have you received them?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thinking no, the specifics of your questions don't seem familiar sorry. What's your email address? (just the first part will give me enough to search)

6. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

jsoto1@

7. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Yo Mongo. Any luck finding my emails?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't gotten into the office yet sorry.

9. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Ah ok. I'm on vacation till next Tuesday and don't really like checking my emails either.

10. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I got an email saying that #25 has been reserved. Thank you Mongo for forwarding my inquiry and thank you Evelyne!

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Welcome to WERA

12. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Thanks and congrats on your sponsorship.

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

lol Thanks man.

14. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Hehe y/w. You're WERA number 626 is what my wife wanted. Its our anniversary date lol