1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alps Tour

Discussion in 'General' started by opinion914, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

haven't run the math on it. But I have a particular BNB where a double occupancy room is 30 euros a night , including breakfast. Place is clean directly on the Paso Di Giovo (sp?) and basically right in the middle of you want to do stelvio or Dolomites. Www.bergsicht.it I’ve been going there for years. Well, up until 10 years ago when I moved here.

you’d have to research bike rentals and flights, add another 30-50 per day for food and drinks, but you can also get away with 20...

opinion914 likes this.
  2. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

This is for sure on the bucket list...wander around Europe on a two wheel sabbatical.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

haha. i will protect you clowns. not from the germans, but from parts of the american-hating non-germans living there. by claiming you're canadian.

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. ChemGuy

Shit. Everyone will think I'm German...Ill wear a speedo and be rude.

And go blasting around the Alps on a BMW wearing Lederhosen themed leathers.

and shit.:D

Fencer likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Don't forget to be riding a supermoto. Alps are stuffed with Germans on supermotos.

ChemGuy and Phl218 like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

motion likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

OK. Im not one to sterotype...well OK yes I am. But this map in Italian had me laughing. According to Italy every country in Europe ends in -a or -o, Polonia, Germania, Norvegia, Finlandia.

Itsa likea alla you havea to a do is adda a or o to the enda ofa everya worda anda you'rea speakinga Italiano. :crackup:

Phl218 and SuddenBraking like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Here’s one that ends in u.
    Bafungu. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Taking that one step further. US born Eyetalians intentionally drop the trailing vowel (which by definition is its own syllable) off of every word.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

frankly, knowing very little italiano, I always just spoke a mix of French and Englisch, but sounding Italian with them and it always got me where or what I wanted. Except tomato

14. SuddenBraking

They drop the first syllable off of that one :p

15. ChemGuy

Gesundheit!

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Bormio side of the stelvio got a little rockslide today

upload_2020-7-31_21-25-21.jpeg

17. ChemGuy

Damn. I wi:Dsh it was closer. I could use some of that for my sub base in my pole barn....

SuddenBraking and Phl218 like this.
  18. SuddenBraking

So is this somewhat planned/happening?

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have to be at a wedding 7/10 but other than that I am free to show peeps around the next week or the one after.
    since I have a bike on hand there, I am not so much on the organization /planning train. Once there’s a firm group ready to commit, I’d call the BnB in Tyrol and get the rooms reserved.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Delta just cancelled my Sep 18 flight to Milano :(