1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allen tool for GSXR front axle

Discussion in 'Tech' started by roy826ex, Feb 26, 2004.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I need one where do I buy it at?? My good ole '01 had a real type axle that a normal socket would fit. :rolleyes:

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Motion pro makes a tool part number 08-3055 it is a multihex tool that fits many bikes your local dealer should be able to get for you or I can too..

3. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what size the gsxr is, but you should be able to use a spark plug socket. use the hex end of the socket and an extension passed through the socket to hook to a ratchet.

4. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Mcmaster Carr. I think it is www.mcmaster.com

They sell all these larger tools. The big hex sockets, allen keys ect.. And their prices are cheap and the shipping fast. They are in NC. Each time I have ordered from them I have had the stuff within 2 days.

5. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

special tool

Go to home depot or lowes... By a 5/16 carriage bolt and two nuts.... Screw the two nuts on the end... Use the head of the bolt and insert that into the axle. It will fit snug with no play. Then use a wrench to put on the end of the inside nut and turn away. The inside nut will fight the outside one, or you could weld it. Still using mine after about a year or so of use and it cost me $5 total.

Or if you look in the 2004 Lp catalog they carry the actual tool now. its about $15 at privateer cost.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

that works like a charm:beer:

8. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Check your PM's Roy

9. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

gotcha ya!;)

10. jeffrop