1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All you FL peeps!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mxer485, May 19, 2011.

1. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected - thanks T1 1ravis - thanks.

But, it looks like we are part of the problem.

Origins. Contrary to popular belief, this insect was not introduced to the state by the University of Florida. Over the course of the twentieth century, lovebugs migrated from Central America, traveling through Texas and Louisiana to get to Florida.
    Attractants. Lovebugs are attracted to diesel and gasoline exhaust fumes. Hot engines and the vibrations of automobiles apparently contribute to the attraction of lovebugs to highways.

2. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

Poor lil fellers,they haven't been bad in my area this year thankfully.

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Sorry, didn't mean that to come off quite so dickish. The only reason I knew that was because I had to do a Genetics paper on them when I was there. :beer:

4. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

When I did construction we worked out in a house of CR210, we had to put down this water proofing crap on a balcony floor. When I got back the next day to make sure it didn’t leak, I couldn't see the floor from those damn love bugs. They had all stuck to the floor and it was literally covered with them. This was about 3 years ago around May

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

:crackup: You beat me to it Chris!

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

now that Florida doesn't have a helmet law, i love love bugs even more...for those helmet less fools. :up:

i sure miss the good old days of leaving for work in a solid color shirt and getting there with polka dots. :D

7. Stupid effers even fuck back to back so one flies one way and then one the other way..kinda like the pushmepullyou thingy w/ Dr. Suess v Dr. Doolittle. Hate'em.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

They have been particularly bad in the Space Coast area this year's May season (there is also a September season). They were a big nuisance to all the folks who came for the most recent shuttle launch. This cartoon was in the local paper...

[​IMG]

The wife and I are not taking the truck when we carpool to work for a while, as it's increased frontal area makes the daily clean-ups a lengthy process. Still see some cruiser riders with no helmets or windshields... I can't imagine...