1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All our dreams are made of chrome

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by lizard84, Feb 1, 2010.

1. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

We've got to find this movie. I've searched several actor and other names, including the director's filmography, but no joy. What is the actual title of the film???

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Le cheval de fer

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

4. lizard84

5. lizard84

6. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

The best I've found is a website in French that sells the DVD, but I'm not sure it would play on my laptop. Plus I can't read the website to make sure it even exists anymore. I think my laptop will play DVDs from all regions, but I'm not sure and don't want to buy it and not be able to watch it. Plus, it's mostly in French without subtitles, so it would just be for the racing footage.

7. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

8. 70yamahaR5

Okay, I imposed upon my multilingual PhD coworker and we drilled through the web site. It translates as "The Iron Horse" and costs roughly 15 Euros, plus shipping, which they calculate during checkout (something north of 5 Euros). The purchase screens, while in French, can be fairly easily figured out (name, address, email, etc.) and it looks like they take cr/dr cards but no PayPal. I'll try to order it later and let you know how it goes. The DVD is 1 hour and 47 minutes plus some 2003 footage of surviving racers.

9. 70yamahaR5

Ouch. They want US$36 to ship it to TN. Too rich for me. Maybe they'll turn up on eBay later.

10. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Before you buy, re-read my post about regions. That DVD is probably a region 2 and may not work on your player unless you have a region free player or a laptop that can work around it. Mine will ask to change regions, but you can only change regions 5 times before it locks in to the last region you select. There are ways to work around it, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it and whether or not it will actually work. Plus, once I get it, I'll only be able to understand the English speaking parts that are French subtitled.

11. racerdude413

racerdude413 Well-Known Member

Hold on, i think i might have a copy of that somewhere... let me check... i just have to find it...

It's available on some torrent sites here and there....

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  12. 70yamahaR5

Roger that. Region 2, no English subtitles and too expensive. There are at least several other French sites that carry it, but it's the same story. That's it for me.

13. lizard84

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. maxpat82

maxpat82 Well-Known Member

I have a copy of "Le cheval de fer" (in fact I'm the one who give racerdude413's one)

Well I think it's a divX copy only..not DVD.
    100% in french no subtitles.

But right now it's in a box cause I move in a couple of day.
    I'll look if I have closed it, but don't count on it for a couple of week at least since everything go to storage until I find a house that suit my needs(and GF ones) which isn't easy..lol

15. lizard84

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it would be acceptable to post link here but there is a cool utube vid of Ann Margaret riding a Moto Guzzi in some Italian movie from the '70s. She actually looks like she knows what she's doing. Keep that Brit iron coming. :up:

17. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

There's a French guy on the Sundial racing board and I asked him about this movie. He said he can get it for 13€ plus the shipping to him in France and he's willing to do a bulk mailing to the USA:

http://www.suzuki2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3778&p=101427#p101427

As for being able to play it here - there are sites that tell you how to unlock your DVD player:

http://www.dvdexploder.com/

There's also region free DVD players available:

http://www.regionfreedvd.net/

Regarding the movie being entirely in French - provided there's more racing than talking, it doesn't really matter to me. Maybe some of my 3 years of high school French will "écoutez et répétez".

I've offered to be the mail-to here in the US on the Sundial board. PM me if you are interested.

Jim

18. lizard84

19. lizard84

20. lizard84