1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All knowing beeb....

Discussion in 'General' started by bodell, Nov 6, 2011.

1. I have nothing to add other than I HATE the winter months when it is colder than a witches titty and dark by 4pm.

That is all.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I have an idea...move to Venezuela.....the weather almost never changes....'bout 85 F every day. Of course there's that whole Chavez thing...speaking of which, he changed the time in Ve to be 1/2 hour off. Just couldn't tolerate anything being in synch with the US. Funny thing is, Ve is in the same time zone as Nova Scotia...ie not in sync with US anyways.....what a AHole.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

DST is the dumbest idea ever. Daylight is daylight. You aren't "gaining" and hour, you just push the time around.

I know Franklin proposed/implanted it but I think it's more tradition than actual helping anybody.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Started in/around ww2 to put the main block of the workday into daylight and save power in the factories since they didn't need to be artificially lit. Not sure it was ever effective. Whole thing is annoying really.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Ever heard of Pima cotton? Now guess where it first got roots...

6. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Some one needs to update the BBS clock. :Poke:

Damn, that was fast!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's correct on my computer...

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Here in central Indiana we went to dst last year. Yes...it is starting to get annoying :down: