1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albuquerque NM

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What I'm gathering is it's a shithole and I should go there, do my gig and GTFO.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's the question?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Jimmy McGill seems quite taken with the place.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I avoid the shitty parts. It's not a very vibrant town. But I wouldn't really call it a shithole. Casual dining and drinking, but you aren't going to be doing any partying all night. It's more an historical/outdoorsy kinda place that happens to have a larger population than most cities of that type.

5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Santa Fe ain't too bad. ABQ is meh. Ive got family all thru ABQ and Santa Fe and Taos and such but I've got my dad's germanaic looks and look and feel out of place out there.

You'll get an overload of white women overdoing the turquoise and shit saying 'look at me Im so southwestern!!'

Iowa on the other hand is the shit!!

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Its a shit hole.
    watch your kidneys and don't get In fights..

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Agree.

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Were you trying to encourage, or discourage him with this?

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

You KNOW there's at least 1 thing you HAVE to do...

LTAAQ.jpg

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

order your peppers... Christmas :)

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This BBQ joint is aaaight...

There's a two bit busbench lawyer with an office ~50 yards SSW of there.

9880 Montgomery Blvd NE #1, Albuquerque, NM 87111

This place actually doesn't serve chicken. And the owner isn't actually a psychotic Chilean drug kingpin.

4275 Isleta Boulevard SW

G Dawg likes this.
  12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

You could’ve saved yourself the time of typing Albuquerque and just left it at NM…outside of one ski trip nothing has made me want to come back to the entire state.

noles19 likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Thanks for the info folks, pretty much aligns with everything I've heard. We're bringing Hamilton to Popejoy Hall I guess it's near the university. Will anybody on my local crew habla ingles?

What's my move? Concho and pointy boots?

14. GixxerJohn011

Nah, square toes and I’ll lend you some FR coveralls

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Toe, I hope the trip is worth the service fee you are charging for your services. Good luck!

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm adding a Service Fee dangit!

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Gawd I hate Albuquerque

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Go to the Unser Racing Museum. They have a bunch of cars there, especially Jr’s 1994 Penske he won at Indy. … maybe the best looking race car ever!

19. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

I grew up in Sothern NM, and had a different experience. It's a huge state, with a relatively small population so there's tons of BLM land that allows great opportunities. Amazing shooting, hunting, camping, historic and prehistoric sites, great diversity in climates and landscapes, skiing, etc. And the off-road riding opportunities are just about unbeatable. Living in NC really has made me realize how free I was: try taking your newest handload out for quick chronograph, ride a dirtbike, or heat cycle a new race engine here and you'll be trespassing or paying in NC. Maybe do your deal in ABQ, then pick any direction and drive for a bit. NM is not ABQ, in my opinion. Cheers!

5axis likes this.
  20. GixxerJohn011

I have to say my time in ABQ was with some friends that get pretty aggravating after about 15 minutes. The rest of my time in NM is all in the southeast corner drilling on all of the BLM land. I’ve spent 15 years in oil and gas and I’ve worked in all the major plays. NM as a whole has the absolute worst lease roads and even paved roads of them all, hands down. The speed limits are bullshit and the troopers love to screw with anybody in a white truck.

Angelfire was a great place to learn to ski though.

Mike Dillon likes this.