1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama racing?

Discussion in 'General' started by myworld60, Feb 16, 2010.

1. myworld60

myworld60 Well-Known Member

I have not been out much, still living under a rock here in colorado. I am moving to Alabama soon and would like to get back into racing as soon as possible. I know Birmingham has a track but I dont know what clubs race there. If anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction that would be great. (website, etc.)moving to huntsville.

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

This one......... :D

There is also Talladega GP in Alabama, and several other tracks in the states surrounding depending on where in AL you are moving

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

damn, missed you said huntsville. That is near Bham right? Nashville will be fairly close. Barber, Talladega, Road atlanta all farily close. Go out a bit farther and you can easily get to Carolina motorsports park, Roebling road in savannah, and Jenning GP in florida.

4. myworld60

i figured I would sound dumb asking that question. I guess we were really spoiled here in colorado being able to have so many tracks in state. (not having to travel more that 200 miles.)

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

How many tracks were there ? I only know of Pikes Peak (the track, not the hill climb) in CO that I have heard about I think (is it even still open)
    You have three inside of 200 from Huntsville. Barber, Tally, and Nashville, and Road Atlanta is 250ish.

6. myworld60

We now have Pikes Peak again. High Plains Raceway (out skirts of Denver) Pueblo Motorsports Park, La Junta Race way(lost that one) Second Creek(lost that one).
    I guess not as many as I thought. It was just nice not having to travel much.

7. myworld60

I guess it wont be bad at all. Looking forward to it now.:)

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Not to mention, barber and Road atlanta are national level tracks. So compared to other tracks they count as two or something :p...... LOL

9. myworld60

Looking forward to running on some new tracks. national quality. Pikes Peak and Miller are the only National level tracks I have ridden on. loved miller. pikes peak is a little small.

10. myworld60

looks like the mid-central schedule will be about the best for me. thanks for the input

11. snay

snay Well-Known Member

I live 20min from Miller its a nice track but I would pick HPR in Co any day that track is a blast but I like hills and blind corners I cant wait to ride barber with James S.:up:

12. russ#299

russ#299 Well-Known Member

I'm from Huntsville, along with quite a few other guys on here.

Barber is an hour and a half, Talladega is about the same, Road Atlanta is about 4 hours, and i don't remember Nashville. the city itself is an hour and a half away. good central location to be in!

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

14. racer212

racer212 Well-Known Member

tracks

While not super close there's also Jennings,Savannah and one in MS doable in a weekend. I just left Huntsville after living there 10 years - it's got a lot to offer a sportbiker.

15. twostroke

twostroke Well-Known Member

Come by Cycle Gear on South Parkway I can help you out with racing and with local riding. Don't listen to any these other guys from Huntsville, they are mostly squids, especially that Wikle kid!!!!

16. twostroke

No, No, just kidding. Huntsville is a great place to live. Great central location for racing, and not a bad local sport bike scene.

17. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

:stupid:

I'll be stopping by to order some parts for my R1! :D

18. twostroke

Aaron, we need to get you signed up for the riders support program. You have to sign up each year that you are racing.

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The only place cooler than Huntsville is A-rab.

20. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

Nothing quite like a town with a misspelled name:Poke: