1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Al-Qaida link in failed plane attack

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerCam, Dec 25, 2009.

1. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Not worth providing any attention too.

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I couldnt even get on a plane with un unopened bottle of water, how does this son of a b!tch get on with explosives?

I guess if they were selling explosives on the other side of the security checkpoint for 5 times what they normally sell for, maybe he wouldn't have made it either.

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

International flight is how it happened.

No TSA bullshit, no air marshalls, nothing.

Happy Flying.

I'll be driving in the US.

5. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

I understand that he got badly burned on his legs, where the bomb just burned and fized. I hope they didn't give him any pain killers!

6. Actually, TSA/US Laws govern flights coming to the US from international locations also. I have to bag my liquids up, dump the water etc leaving from all kinds of countries when i am flying back into the US.

What really pisses me off about the situation is that they admitted the guys name had came up, but that they didnt see him as a strong enough threat to put him on the "do not fly" list. :mad:

Law enforcement officials identified the suspect in Friday's attempted attack as Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab........................Mutallab's name had surfaced earlier on at least one U.S. intelligence database, but not to the extent that he was placed on a watch list or a no-fly list.

The fact that he was already a known Al-Qaida associate (or at least likely to be one) isn't enough to put him on the "watch list"? His damn name is almost enough reason to put him on the watch list. The Al-Qaida association should have sure as hell put him on the "no-fly list".

This politically correct "we can't hurt anybody's feelings or single anybody out" bullshit is going to get a lot more people killed before it is over with.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  7. Offtopic but kinda related, it is funny how they (airports/securtiy) almost go out of their way to not single anybody out, stereotype people etc...and then stuff like this happens.

I don't know how many times I have went through securty in some shorts, a t-shirt and tennis shoes carrying a Nike backpack and have been pulled to the side, frisked, had my bag searched extensively etc..........while Omar Obama Abdul Bin Laden in his big gown walks right through security in front of me and they act like they are scared to even talk to him or hold him up in fear of a lawsuit or something.

As somebody who flies all over the world every month, shit like this really pisses me off. I know "you can't always judge a book by its cover", but at the same times...most stereotypes have basis behind them.

I am sure there was some "regular Joe Smith" on that plate who got the 3rd degree, got his bag searched and barely made it on the plane...while Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab gets on the plane with bombs strapped to his legs.

8. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

Any large scale Al Qaeda attack will not be carried out by guys named Osama wearing robes. It will likely be done by guys that look like you and me, maybe even Americans. This is a fucked up, scary world we are living in.

I agree that there needs to be profiling to a certain extent, but it's not the end all solution.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys might want to think real carefully if you're going to keep posting in this thread. Chaotic doesn't care, he is in Angola and there's tons of fun stuff to do there so he won't mind it when I ban him in a minute. But the rest of you might want to reconsider whether you want to post here or in the dungeon.

10. No doubt, I agree. I am not so naive/uneducated to think that by preventing every guy wearing a robe named Obama :D from flying, we will prevent all attacks.

I am just saying there have been several times when it seemed as if security personnel were going out of there way to not profile...and then something like this happens.

I know it isn't fair for every person that has "that" look/name to pay the price for the few bad ones, but screw it. I don't care if 10000 of "them" get pissed off for being searched/questioned without warrant. If it keeps one of "them" from blowing up a plane, it was worth it.

As always, that is just my opinion...others may vary.

11. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

way to go full stupid on that one .

anyway ,back to grown folk talk

He was on a list ,he shouldnt have got on a plane ,and I would hope on his way to lock up the police issue gun he had strapped to the back of his head also went off. Fuck him ,and good on people for not standing for this type of shit ,you can be sure in this day and age there wil be no terrorist with a box cutter getting to the cockpit without 50 people with some minor cuts turning him into soup.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Ah man they get a warning? Boooo!! :p