1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airfence Testers, Time For Your 15 Minutes Of Fame ...

Discussion in 'General' started by morbidelli17, Dec 31, 2012.

1. morbidelli17

morbidelli17 Well-Known Member

Need people who have smacked soft barriers to tell their story for Roadracing World. If you have done the air bag face plant, and want the world to know, contact me at [email protected] or call me at 626.221.7466. It's for a good cause; we raise awareness about soft barriers, and keep the donations flowing that keep our sport and our heroes safer.

Be well - Michael

2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

3. Maximumjeff

Maximumjeff Well-Known Member

I've fixed a bunch. But, never hit any myself. I know a few people that caused me work. I'll send em your way

4. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

5. Handicapped Racer

You know I've always wondered if this guys ever crash

They always seemed so out of control but in control.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

One of those "guys" crashing is named is Nicole! :D

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

2011? I thought you wrecked a lot longer ago than that.

Never mind just watched the video, I didn't realize you had wrecked twice in almost the same spot.

8. Handicapped Racer

I didn't it was 05 was in Turn 5 lol
    don't worry I keep thinking it was this year.

9. Handicapped Racer

Pardon me, very sorry for assuming!
    hope there was no breakage of any bodily parts.

10. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

11. Handicapped Racer

Oh snap I remember that crash, we jumped down to check on you. You were out of it, 5 o'clock shadow face covered with dirt and hay, actually if I remember correctly when i spoke with you the next day you had lost memory of the entire previous days event!

Definately glad things were not worse!

I've been caught down there near the apex of 12 during the start of a couple of races. it's a series of controlled slides that looks awesome but very scary.

12. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Yep, thats the one. However I do and did remember everything before and after the incident.

I am still partially blind in my left eye from this accident and always will be. I sustained optic nerve damage from the impact to the airfence. Imagine what that impact would have done if there wasn't any air fence.

Thanks to everyone that has donated and supported the air fence effort!!!!!

13. morbidelli17

morbidelli17 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who responded. Will get back to you starting Wednesday.

I personally appreciate each and every one of you who shares your stories and donates to support the Action Fund. It really does make the sport stronger in ways you don't usually think about. We get to race and ride at tracks that would otherwise be suicidal to race at. Sponsors are more likely to participate in a sport where the superstars aren't maimed on a regular basis. And the coolest thing is that your favorite racer, whoever he or she is, is more likely to be capable of sticking around and racing longer, and more likely to retire healthy, a la Biaggi.

Be well, and happy New Year - Michael

14. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

15. SnacktimeKC

16. SnacktimeKC

17. SnacktimeKC

18. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i still remember, in 04, sitting in the grass on the front straight with my back against the concrete wall, having slid PAST the air fence, ass hitting the rumble strip and stopping back against the wall, looking up and youre pushing my bike up to me asking "where would you like me to put this?". That was a wild ride that day, i was just thankful i'd slowed enough that i didnt impact the wall with anything more than a "thud". My ass was hurt (solid black and blue by the time i got back to the trailer) more than anything else from popping that damn rumble strip.

19. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

How many times did you send it to him?

:D

20. SnacktimeKC

Sorry about that, I might have been a little impatient with my clicking.