1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Hoses

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Feb 16, 2013.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

The 50 ft rubber hose I've had the last two years finally gave up. What do you guys use? What's the best material, etc? :beer:

2. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I like flex eel hoses. They're lightweight, thin and wrap easily. Not cheap, but I've had mine for about 5 years on many building projuects and they've held up well. Get scuffed to shit and don't look as good, but still work and wrap more easily that way!
    http://www.flexeelstore.com/

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I guess it really depends on what max presuress you need to run as to the hose needed, also the volume you need to push for your tools.

I used a 3/8 rubber hose for years in construction, and swapped to a 1/4 poly a few years back as I only need 115lb max to run a nail gun and it will keep up with the cfm I use also.

It is a lot lighter and easier to pull around
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...yword=air+hose+1/4&storeId=10051#.UR_uVx3CaSo

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I have no idea. It's 3/8, it's red, and its flexible as all get out. I also get them from a local company and have no idea on the manufacturer.

Glad I could help. :)

7. joec

joec brace yourself

temp is also something to consider.

8. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for yellow slinky hose? Hardly in the shop anymore, but that crap HD sells only seems to last 6 months before it starts cracking and leaking. I spend more time cutting and splicing than actually using it.

10. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I've had a Goodyear rubber 50' hose for about 9 yrs. still in great cond.

My hoses are used for nail guns, ect.

11. Personally, I like the Parker "Push-Lok" Hose. It is very flexible, but also very durable (even in harsh work environments).

IIRC, the P/N is 801-(whatever size you want). So 801-6 = 3/8" hose, 801-8 = 1/2" hose, so on and so forth.

I like it because as strong as it is (200psi rating), you can cut it with any industrial scissors and push fittings into place with your bare hands.

12. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I love that Flexilla stuff. Love it!
    And I use the push on connectors from Würth.