1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Fence Fund Suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by Renaissance man, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

It appears several posts have mentioned AIR FENCE apparently as a result of the very high profile accidents with Papa and Richard. I have several suggestions for each member and every club.

1) As individuals, donate. Don't just donate once, do it several times. Donating 20.00 a month every month is a lot better than one 50.00 donation. I have been able to raise MUCH MORE MONEY by receiving numerous SMALL DONATIONS rather than a few large donations on projects I have been involved in during the past.

2) EACH AND EVERY CLUB SHOULD ADD 5.00 PER ENTRY UNTIL THEY HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS TO ADEQUATELY PROVIDE Air Fence coverage for each race track in their respective regions. (I have suggested this several times, but unfortunately haven't seen it happen) NOTE: Each club could create a debt facility that would put Air Fence on the track NOW, by analyzing entry numbers and creating a revenue schedule with corresponding deployment Pro-Forma.

3) (VERY IMPORTANT) ENSURE THAT AIR FENCE INSTALLERS ARE TRAINED!!! I believe an improperly installed Air Fence is MORE DANGEROUS than none at all as racers may be expecting protection that WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.

4) AS A RACER, BE AWARE OF TRACK HAZARDS. Air Fence does not elimate risk, it just reduces it to some degree. Walk the track and realize what the areas that are dangerous. Don't just jump on the bike and twist the throttle expecting to "figure out" how the track goes.

Lastly, I hesitated to post this as it is too soon after Papa's and Richard's incidents. (Again, I apologize as I realize most of us would have donated no matter what) I reconsidered as I see a lot of "knee-jerk" good intended reactions. I do not want to minimize the seriousness of Papa's or Richard's (and any other riders) injuries in this post, but rather I would prefer to see "second-wind" effort that finishes off what JU started. The leadership for this will have to come at the regional level in my opinion.

Marcus McBain

Last edited: Jun 10, 2002