1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA yahoo group

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Bruce Brown, Nov 8, 2002.

1. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Asleep Historic Racing Mosickle Asso

Ray

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

OK guys, maybe we shouldn't be too critical.

From what I understand Mark is not an official and he's moderator for a board he set up, no one else took on the task. He's trying to provide a free service to fellow members of an organization he obvoiusly feels passionate about and doing so out of the goodness of his own heart. Let's not get angry with him when he initially doesn't meet our expectations. As with most part time ventures, it'll take awhile to get things up and running smoothly and we should thank him for his efforts.

Concerning the AHRMA acronymns... shame. Here we are trying to work with AHRMA and yet we slam the organization. Not to say that maybe some past/present officials/members don't deserve it but as a whole I think AHRMA is improving. Besides, WERA Vintage has it's opponents as well. WERA Vintage officials are also ridiculed by those who think we are a group of self serving, scratch each other's backs, good ole boys. They say we lack integrity, change rules in a way that benefits us and our friends. I know WERA officials and VRC members try to work together in the interest of the organization, not ourselves, yet we are perceived to be guilty of the same things we berade AHRMA for.

Oh... damn...was I thinking out loud?

3. RB

RB Well-Known Member

I was just being funny with acronyms, not trying to put Mark down. He and I both made BOT rules sugestions for this year. I think they adopted his although mine made more sense :D

I do think it is scary that Jeff Smith is becoming a high muckety muck in the AMA and he is also very influential in AHRMA. I would be worried that the AMA will use AHRMA to further the AMA's goals {agenda ?? } at the expense of the AHRMA members. The AMA does appear to be an old time Good Old Boys Club as the recent BS after the last election that JU, JN and KS were elected in. The old hands quickly circled the wagons to keep the indians out.

like another org I used to belong to. SCCA Secret Car Club of America. You want to talk about politics !!!! and policies that make no sense. And some very well paid people in charge.

Ray
    NO Yahoo

4. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Not in trying to excile Jeff Smith, but since his election to the AMA maybe it is time for the members to vote someone else into the AHRMA Trustee position.

Jeff, for what it is worth, has done a lot for the organization but his time is past.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Well, AHRMA moved up a couple notches with me having secured a Beaverun date and NOT running Nelson in my region! Now if we could just get 10-15 guys to line up at every race...

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

I would encourage everyone with an AHRMA license to make their voices heard in the upcoming election. Maybe it's time to "take back AHRMA" with some trustees who are at the track at most every meet and approachable. Some of the newer trustees like Craig Breckon and Tim Stancill already fall into that category. Progress is being made- look at the joint meet coming up at NFMP. Let's keep things positive.

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

what class do you ride in?

8. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Tristan rides a SV650

9. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

International lightweight rules

I have been trying to track down a copy of the International lightweight rules for the Daytona race, I tried to E-mail AHRMA from the web site but the addresses listed were rejected, Carl Anderson tried to help me, the guy her referred me to answered my E-mail but no rules have been turned up, anyone have a copy of the rules?

10. YAM#849

I've looked for an old copy of Vintage Views, but have not found printed rules. I do know several people who have run the class, and the basic premise is this: piston port or disc valve 250's and 350's in period frames, with 18" wheels. Bikes which have competed include TZ250's, TZ350's, Armstrongs, and Spondon or Bimota frames using TZ engines. More modern forks and brakes are not allowed, I think. Sorry, but I don't know the cutoff date. Some time around the demise of the 350 class in GP, I would assume.

11. Yamaha Fan

Lightweight rules

Thanks Carl

I am interested in cut off date, front end specs and wheel width.. and specific engine limitations.

I am trying to understand the piston port restriction as from 1976 on many of the 350's that were run (at Daytona) were operated with a single TZ750 cylinder on them....

12. YAM#849

Yeah, I agree that there's nothing "non-period" abot a 750 cyl on there. I guess the only thing left is to bug Goodpaster for a written clarification.

13. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I think they just want to keep the hordes of unwashed rd riding heathens out.:D

Seriously though, when you say "one" cyl, do you mean that people would run only one 750(reed valve) cyl and one 350(piston port) cyl? Sounds complicated.

14. Yamaha Fan

what they ran was one "pair" of the two used on a TZ750 , the TZ 750 used two "pair" this creates a 375cc reeded twin. it is a bolt on to a TZ250-350 up to the F chassis, with the F & G the carburators would not fit due to hitting the frame crossmember..

15. YAM#849

Actually, they do want to keep it separate from the RD's. They get a lot of attendance at Daytona from Europe, and if homeboys like you and Spargo whipped the visitors' true GP machinery, it might hurt participation. It makes for a good race, though. :D And it usually happens, but that one is going to unfold at NFMP, and it belongs to WERA ( F 2-stroke). :D There's plenty of fun to go around. WERA and AHRMA getting along, cats and dogs sleeping together, utter chaos! I love it!

16. Yamaha Fan

GP classes

what class is it that they allow up to a 90 model Delta Box reverse cylinder to run in? any chance of getting those rules?

17. Jim Swartout

Jim Swartout Well-Known Member

Battle of Twins Two-Stroke!

The rules are on the AHRMA Web site by looking under
    Battle of Twins and then the Two-stroke category.

I believe all rules are there with the exception of the
    special International GP class.

I will check my old Vintage Views tonight to see if
    I can find the rules!

Take Care

18. Yamaha Fan

Thanks Found the Bott 2-stroke rules, seems like this is the wide open go for it class.....

Bob

19. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Wide open go for it if you have a '90 tz250.;)