1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agenda 21

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by atspeed, Aug 18, 2011.

1. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why? On the face of it, it seems like an okay idea. Sustainable forests isn't a bad thing. Other than that - it's the UN, who cares?

3. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Sounds subversive and besides: We don't need no stinkin' forests...

Except that the byproduct is oxygen, which we tend to need for sustainable life.

4. Spyderchick

Oops, double post.

5. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

gets deeper with development controls etc all under the un

their idea of how the world should be, not ours

6. Spyderchick

The UN hasn't had any real power in a long time. They are too busy tripping over their own tail to be effective.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The scariest thing about the UN is that it consists of a large group of people who attempt to make rules that are supposed to be followed by ALL countries when they are not concerned about how those rules will affect each of those countries. It is only their interests that they're concerned with.

For example, presently they are trying to deal (below the radar) with Obama and Hillary on the banning of ALL small arms sales to ANYONE on Earth. It has been called an end run around our Second Amendment by many.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Maybe my tinfoil hat is a bit snug but terms like "Agenda 21" makes me think of things like "Soylent Green" and "Big Brother". Funny how the small arms ban would fit so nicely in to that.....
    There are a bunch of people out there that really need to mind their own business.

9. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

If I understand right, treaties supersede US domestic law. Thats why

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The percentage of un countries that are free is to low for them to get a penny in my opinion

Similar was said about the European Union and now they have power. Put another way BECAUSE they are buffons I don't want them in charge of the cat pan even.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Treaties are under the authority of the US. Can't go into a treaty that violates the US Constitution.