1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age deal to get into track??

Discussion in 'General' started by alpinestars260, Mar 16, 2006.

1. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

alright long story short but basically my dad gets off work saturday afternoon so we would leave that night to go to Roebling, but we were planing on doing the solo on saturday. basically i can drive down there, but can i get into the track on saturday morning? My dad will be there sunday. im 17, have a expert licence, and full drivers licence. or can i just have a buddy whos over 18 come with me? sorry if this is confusing...

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I've never heard of being "carded" for getting into a track. You only have to be 16 to have a race w/out parental consent, so I wouldn't see why you'd get carded.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i believe Sean said that if you have a race license, you good to go. i think it's more for spectators(the age rule that is).

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

The kid wants to race on Saturday, without having his dad there. I believe he will need an adult to sign his waiver and accept full responsibility for his actions and potential injury on the track.

OP, I would strongly advise you contact WERA directly or wait until Mongo posts here. Otherwise, it's pure speculation.

5. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

yeah thanks for the responses. ive had to sign wavers before and its no big deal getting to the track, but if i get messed up on the track or somethin bad i need a pit crew so im just goin to chill and race on sunday. thanks ya'll

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good plan, no racing under 18 without a guardian of some sort there, need to make sure you're able to get permission to get fixed if you get hurt.