1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aftermarket tank and petcock ?'s

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Eric_77, Jul 19, 2001.

1. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

I have an older vintage TZ250 about 85-86 unsure really. Anyway it has a Gianni sticker on an alum. tank, unsure if that is maunfacturer, and I need a new petcock. Anyone ever hear of this tank before? A little detail, on the petcock it has male threads on it the threads are SAE pipe thread 1/2. Anyway currently I have threaded a junction for hose to quick-connect airline on it and it works but what a pain.

I called Yamaha and they said without a doubt that is not a Yamaha tank and unsure where to find one. I described to them the petcock that was on there they said it sounded like someone put a air or water valve on there that gas would eat the seals, which it did.

2. Comet117

Comet117 Well-Known Member

When you mentioned SAE threads, I thought of Harleys. I have no idea what size threads they have on their petcocks, but you may try one of the dealers...?
    Good Luck.

3. Yamaha Bob

Yamaha Bob Active Member

It may be a modified yamaha tank, someone may have converted the petcock mount.

I think Pingle makes a pipe thread type of petcock. can you check the size of the thread? (take the tack to home depot and use a fitting to check it)

Lyn Garland of Vintage specialties sells pingle petcocks

[email protected]