1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket Choke Lever Options

Discussion in 'Tech' started by AMac, Oct 15, 2022.

1. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

I'm swapping my SV650 from flatslides back to stock carbs but don't want to put the whole left control assembly back on.

I'm looking for an aftermarket choke lever. Any recommendations? My google searching isn't coming up with a lot of options.

Thanks!

2. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I usually go for a cbr900 choke assembly. Plunger style. Stick it wherever you want. Cable is plenty long.

3. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

On my gen 1 I just ran the cable up near the stock location and then made a little bracket to hold it. The bracket was attached to the bolt for the clutch perch. Then attach something to the end of the cable that allows you to pull it. I think I used a zip tie. It looks 100% natural on an SV!

4. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

One of the guys on the Hawk GT forum awhile back did a dirt bike 4-stroke decomp / hot start lever as a choke. It pretty much made the forum implode. I think it's a stroke of genius, if it has enough stroke. Something like this:

[​IMG]

-T

RightSideUp and AMac like this.
  5. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I can't find a picture but on some of my older bikes I just had the choke cable hanging out of the side of the frame and made a loop on the end so you could pull it with one hand and hit the starter with the other

AMac likes this.
  6. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

A safety wire loop inside clear fuel line on the stock cable.

E Reed likes this.
  7. johng

johng Member

I cant picture that, you got one?