1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After all that has been confirmed about Iraq, why are you voting for Bush??

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by todzuki, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

It's no secret that I'm no fan of Kerry. And I cannot say what he would have done differently, but still, here we are. All these people that have given their lives, or are permenantly disabled, did it for exactly what??? It was a mistake. And in the time it has taken for our attention and resources to be diverted toward Iraq, two other countries, both called by Bush himself the "Axis of Evil" have developed nuclear capabilities. Iraq had nothing. They were, according to the report, "essentially disarmed."
    So tell me, without a fight, why you want W to continue to run our country.

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

because iraq being put in check was a good thing. (unless you think we should say "my bad" to saddam and re-instate him? :rolleyes:

you can make whatever bitchy remarks you want about the war. saddam said he had WMD's. saddam was charged with the task of disarming. he never did. he refuse at every turn to allow inspections. this happened for thirteen years. oh, and don't forget the he surrendered in gulf war I, then signed a treaty saying that he would do all these things.

i'm voting for GWB because SOMEONE is finally taking all the stinking rotting trash in this world to the curb.

but hey, john heinZ is a great guy. i wonder why none of the online book stores show the cover of his book. you know, the one where he makes a mockery of america, and it's military.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Based on the intelligence that they had, the President asked Congress, and Congress, including John Kerry, reviewed the info and voted for this war.

So wouldn't that make John Kerry just as bad as Bush?

In my opinion, Bush has done the best he could with what he had to work with. If he had done nothing, and Saddam had had WMD's and used them, there would have been the same witchhunt over the bad data as we're having now.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

4. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

You obviously haven't read the report or watched Mr. Duelpher (sp?) addressing the Senate. Try this.
    It's CNN, but the artcle has comments from both sides of the aisle.

He did disarm. He did not claim to have WMD. The world is absolutely NOT safer now that he's gone. And no, I'm not saying anything like 'put him back in office,' but the world is far more dangerous than it was when we were focusing all efforts on Al Queda. Elements of Al Queda are in Iraq now, they weren't before.

5. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Saddam put out the pretense that he had weapons to raise his standings in the world.

With hindsight you can pick everything apart and say this or that was a mistake. It is alot different to have to make the decision at the time and then stay with them.

If you are out on the street telling a crowd of people that you have a gun, most likely someone is going to call the police. Now the cops show up with their guns drawn and tell you not to move and raise your hands in the air.
    Now instead of raising your hands in the air you all of the sudden go for something inside your jacket.
    The cops shoot and kill you. They roll you over and look in your jacket and see you only had a comb.

Were the cops wrong to shoot you?

Using hindsight you could pick that scenario apart and say that the cops did not need to shoot you, but at the time they did not know that.

George Bush did not know that Saddam only had a comb. George Bush, along with the rest of the world believed that Saddam had WMD's. George Bush believed that Saddam was a threat to this country and he acted on that belief.

Here is something I find funny. There was a report this week from an Iraqi scientist that was head of Saddam's covert program to develop nuclear weapons. He admitted that Saddam was obsessed with WMD's and wanted nuclear weapons. The scientist kept his research buried out in his garden so no one would find it.
    That report really did not make any headlines, but something that casts any type of negative spin on President Bush seems to always make it to the front page.

6. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

That 'report' came out more than a year ago, and yes, you got your facts wrong. That scientist you are referring to was, in fact, on a team aimed at producing nuclear weapons. After the first gulf war, that group of scientists was dismantled. He was ordered my Saddam to destroy his work and his projects. Burying his work in his yard was his idea and was a direct contradiction to what he was instructed to do. I'll go find it. -Be right back.

7. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Here it is. I got some of my 'facts' wrong too. LINKY

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Just because YOU and ur fellow libs say it’s a mistake doesn’t mean it was. Also get ur facts straight, N.Korea already had nuclear capabilities, ask Slick Willy how they got their program started. :D

Without repeating myself and EVERY other RATIONAL person, hindsight is always 20/20!!! What we know now wasn’t available then.

Because this Administration FINALLY took terrorism by the balls and decided to actually do somethng about it! Make no mistake about it, GWB inherited a LEAKY BAG OF SH@T when he took Office in 2001. PLEASE amuse me on how ANY administration can fix in 8 months what had been broken for over 8 yrs??? Is this Administration flawed? Absolutely! Is it by far the best choice WE have right now? Fucking A…… it is!

When was this report started?

Really, what evidence do you have refuting that it isnt safer?
    You guys crack me the hell up you talk like we’ve had 1,2,3 or more attacks since 9/11. The world outside of Iraq has seen what two attacks? Ironically, it was two countries who were either against the war or threatening to pull out.

AND????? Ur point is? Don’t you get it we’d rather fight AQ right there in Iraq than anywhere else!!! WHY do you think they’re funneling into Iraq? Can it be cuz we are successfully killing their cause??? WAKE up man! This war IS going in the right direction…….a FREE Iraq will set the right tone for that part of the country…..and it WILL spread into the other countries!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Also just for sh@ts & giggles since your wanting a mature discussion w/out fighting, do you lend ANY blame to the former administration?

To further explain the question above and what I stated in the other post. Its my belief (along with MANY others btw) that Slick Willy failed this country in not acting against the FOUR acts of terrorism during his 8 yrs. Do you think this failure contributed to 9/11?

Also its common knowledge that he reduced not only the Intelligence community but the military too, do you think THAT fact has hurt us in terms of not only committing to the 'right' war but also the troop count problem we have now?

Lastly, can we agree that Slick Willy's administration dropped the ball BIG time in not giving the green light to take out Osama on atleast 3 different occassions (which Ill die believing that this feat alone cld of stopped 9/11)?

VERY curious to actually get REAL answers for EACH question.

10. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

The report that I am talking about was listed on NewsMax on October 5th and I believe that the article not only refutes you statements but it supports mine.

Iraqi Nuke Scientist: Saddam Had WMD Program

The Iraqi physicist who ran his country's uranium enrichment program says that Saddam Hussein continued to fund efforts to develop nuclear weapons right up until the U.S. invasion in March 2003.

"Saddam kept funding the IAEC [Iraq Atomic Energy Commission] from 1991 ... until the war in 2003," reveals Dr. Mahdi Obeidi in his new book, "The Bomb in My Garden."

While Saddam's nuclear program officially ended after the first Gulf War, the reality, says Dr. Obeidi, was far different.

"I was developing the centrifuge for the weapons" right through 1997, he now admits.

In an interview with WABC Radio's John Gambling, the Iraqi centrifuge scientist said he was ordered to keep his nuclear bombmaking research concealed from U.N. weapons inspectors.

And even after 1997 - when Saddam's nuke program went dormant - Obeidi says he continued to keep his centrifuge plans in safe storage - in a cardboard box buried beneath a lotus plant in his front yard.

"I had to maintain the program to the bitter end," Obeidi explained, saying his only other choice was death. All the while the Iraqi physicist was aware that he held the key to Saddam's continuing nuclear ambitions.

"The centrifuge is the single most dangerous piece of nuclear technology," he writes. "With advances in centrifuge technology, it is now possible to conceal a uranium enrichment program inside a single warehouse."

The nuke plans he buried included "the full set of blueprints, designs - everything to restart the centrifuge program - along with some critical components of the centrifuge."

Writes Dr. Obeidi:

"Would Saddam have tried to build nuclear weapons again? One can only imagine he would have. For the time being, however, the core knowledge for rebuilding the centrifuge program lay buried in my garden, waiting for the order from Qusay Hussein or his father."
    Link to article on NewsMax

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Slick Willie runnin' for prez again?:confused: ;)

12. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Damn, you are stupid. Your second comment is a contradiction to your first comment!! I find myself wondering if I should even bother, because you aren't going to pay attention.

Okay.
    How is the first budget surplus in God-knows-how many years a leaky bag of shit. That's an 8 trillion dollar turn. From 5 trillion surplus left over from Clinton, to -3 trillion dollars in deficit.

And it's not like Clinton just 'let Saddam do whatever he wanted to.' Don't you remember when we attacked Iraq after UN weapons inspectors were kicked out? Clinton had cruise missiles sent into Iraq to let Saddam know that we weren't kidding and the inspectors were re-admitted.
    quote:
    Really, what evidence do you have refuting that it isnt safer?
    You guys crack me the hell up you talk like we’ve had 1,2,3 or more attacks since 9/11. The world outside of Iraq has seen what two attacks? Ironically, it was two countries who were either against the war or threatening to pull out.

Dude! WAKE UP! Iran has/will have nukes. They have always been the more real threat in the mid east. North Korea absolutely does have nuclear WEAPONS. The very worst kind of WMD, and the socalled axis of evil has them. They didn't before W took over, they do now. Yeah, so Clinton bribed North Korea into not persuing thier nuclear weapons program back in the 90's. It still kept them from having such weapons. Why is that wrong? The Koreans backed away from the Nuclear Weapons Proliferation (or whatever it was called) Treaty while W was sending our troops on the hunt for Saddam Hussein. And while we are now spending millions and millions of dollars trying to justify the reasons for going to war, Iran is now posturing nuclear. They brag now about the range of their missiles. Just what did we think they were doing with their new nuclear power stations??? They live on an ocean of oil!! They don't need Nuclear power for anything but offensive weapons. There are a lot more terrorists now than there were. Iraq was not a breeding ground or a training ground for terrorists before this 'war.' It is now though. Kudos to our forces who've foiled plots against us on our own soil. We're lucky to have them. The countries that have endured the other terrorist attacks since 9/11 aren't so lucky.

13. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

14. cinderellla

cinderellla Guest

How does the fact that Saddam is a bad guy... alter the fact that our president lied?

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Your missing the point Alf! :D
    Your a smart man Papa, you tell us, if your given the opportunity to take over a company that your passionate about that was FUBAR for many yrs before you took over do you honestly think it wldnt effect YOUR performance for a number of months or yrs even before seeing a positive effect?

I apologize in advance if my analogy isnt on par but it was the best I cld come with while balancing my 5 month old daughter on my knee and keeping her entertained! :) She likes the keyboard tho! ;)

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Did he lie, or did he make the best decision based on the data that we had?

17. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Yeah. We can definately disagree on that bullshit. Clinton dropped the ball? You 'publicans love to use that one. Don't you think Clinton made his decisions just as W made his when it comes to the use of force??? Don't you think he was guided by his advisors; both military and civi??? Bill Clinton struggled to get W to listen to this issue with Al Queda when the admin's changed. There's normally several briefings between the incoming and outgoing presidents in which this kind of thing is discussed at length. Clinton said that Bush was largely dis-interested in paying attention. He cared little for Al Queda and was only interested in Iraq.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Oh well I knew this MATURE debate wasnt going to last long! AGAIN you showed ur true colors TODZUKI! ;)

19. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I forgot to throw in one of these :D . My bad.:beer:

edited for ANOTHER MISSPELLED WORD

20. cinderellla

cinderellla Guest

Or did he only listen to the data that supported the decision he wanted to make?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.