1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affirmative Solution

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by atspeed, Jan 12, 2012.

1. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

2. Hear someone at the door, so shoot through it? Doesn't seem like a good idea.

3. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

don't come to my door, in Florida, wearing a ski mask

4. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Yah that's exactly what the article said, here we go again with reading comprehension issues:rolleyes:

Old man must have just gotten really lucky that it was a burglar in a mask knocking politely at the door.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you are coming over for legitimate reasons at 6am...knock on the front door sans Ski mask.

6. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

says he used an automatic.... Nice if he has a permit for it................

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah, the old man was really pissed afterward cause he thought it might be the nextdoor neighbor's pesky kid.

8. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

That article left out a few details, didn't it ?? "hit in the abdomen and likely died a few minutes later." . . . Likely ?? They don't know ?? What, did the old guy just go back to bed and forget to call 911 ?? Good thing he remembered to load his .45. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was a .45 semi automatic pistol - I'd be willing to bet it was made in the teens by Colt and issued to him in the service. Why would he need a permit for it?

11. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

it didn't say FULLY automatic

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I think they call that sarcasm guys...

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:up:An other feel good story. Its been a rough couple weeks for the douchebags.....

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Cheers pops!

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Play the video. Chief Chitwood explains that the guy had already jimmied the door open.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Permit? You gotta be kidding. Don't need no stinking permit to own a gun in your own home....at least not yet. ;)

17. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I think I'd prefer to wait until he is at least, in the door. That way, I can see the look of sheer terror in his eyes when I double-tap him in the old pumphouse area and then yell.......halt!

18. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

A few day ago, I read an article about seven teens, who loaded up in a car and went looking for a fight with three brothers over some school and facebook bullshit. The teens in the car stopped at, or very near, the house where the bothers lived and were confronted by the brothers' step-dad, who shot and killed three of the teens in the car and shot and wounded a fourth. The step-dad was arrested and charged with murder and a littany of other crimes.

I certainly don't know everything there is to know about the incident, but I'm finding it hard to have a lot sympathy for the shot kids. It was somewhere in New York, or Pennsylvania, I think.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Where have I heard this before?

20. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Are you saying that the teens were still in the car when they were shot?.....or are you just pointing out that it was the teens that were in the car? If they were still in the car when they were shot, the step-dad needs to go to jail for murder, unless there is some proof that they had a gun and was pointing it at him. I am a firm believer of the right to defend yourself and your property, but with that right come some responsibility and hopefully some common sense. I'm not thinking that I would be shooting through a door/window/etc just because someone is out there with a mask on. I would certainly be ready though the instant that they were on the inside and ready to do whatever it is that they came to do.