1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add Marquez, and Vinales to the Ducati list

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Apr 8, 2016.

1. dylanes21

dylanes21 Well-Known Member

Its official 2 year deal for Lorenzo.

2. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

He has a standing offer from NHTSA

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Amazing how many it's official posts yet no actual official announcement - and there won't be until they're in Europe.

5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat surprised that JLo would make the jump. He loses either way....if he wins on the Ducati everyone will say the bike is light years better than when Rossi was on it. If he doesn't win a championship people will say "see he can't win if he's not on the best bike". Seems to me he's allowing his pride and dislike of VR influence his decision. The same mistake VR made when he jumped ship.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yamaha Europe top executive Eric Deseynes spent an hour before and after the race on the Eurosport France MotoGP talkshow. Part of the discussion obviously focused on contract talks. He basically said that there would be no negotiation with Jorge and not bidding war with Ducati. Yamaha official policy is to make their first offer their best offer and it's a "take it or leave it" scenario. He also said that Vinales was a strong candidate if they sell secure Lorenzo, but that they were not interested in a bidding war with Suzuki either (although he sounded less emphatic on that potential bidding war). He also said that anyone coming up for Moto 2 would be going to Tech 3 first. He said very nice things about Zarco and that he had discussed him with Poncharal, but I sensed in his tone that he didn't believe that a deal would materialize there (he probably knows for a fact that Zarco has already signed somewhere).

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Lorenzo winning on an Italian bike, regardless as to the state of development, would rub rhino jizz in Rossi's eyes. It will probably be a double dose if he does it while Rossi is still at Yamaha.

I'm sure in part Lorenzo would not mind getting out of the shadow that is Rossi. No matter how many titles he wins for Yamaha, Yamaha will continue to pander to Rossi because of his marketing. Keep in mind, Yamaha Race department didn't want Rossi back, they were trumped by the marketing division. Lorenzo has stated he doesn't care who his teammate is but I'm sure behind closed doors he didn't want Rossi back either.

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Those two dudes do not like each other at all!

9. dylanes21

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, it's a done deal but you won't see real undeniable proof before they get back to Europe. Maximum impact and all that.

11. dylanes21

Yeah isnt the next race in Spain? I think they said the spanish market is important to Phillip Morris???

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the Spanish press to JL...

13. caferace

caferace No.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know a lot of people who seem to like Dean, I just don't get it.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Being likable doesn't make you good at your job.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't get liking people who make up shit as if it's fact so often. I guess if he doesn't do it to them it's all good or something.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, you know how some people can be fun to have a beer with but you would never do business with them. There are/were a few of them right here on the BBS.

kjohnson likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True.

19. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

That's got to be a long f*cking list!:)

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Cannoli
    `Toe
    Dart