1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Actually a new scam tactic

Discussion in 'General' started by rogers1323, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I just got an email that was flagged as junk mail, and it might actually be a new scam tactic. Certainly one that I've never seen before....

They're simply asking for money this time, but with a sob story for a reason. Anyone else seen anything like this?

2. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

May not be a scam. With facebook linking email address or being put on mailing lists for neighborhood block parties, I have been receiving a lot of donation stuff. It may be for a good cause but it bugs me that someone I don't know got my name off some mass email.

3. rogers1323

Look at the gramar and puncuation mistakes. Add that the email came from a different address than the one listed. All the email addresses this was sent to are hidden, so it's noone that knows me. And I don't have facebook or my email posted anywhere. I'm 100% sure it's a scam. Just a new tactic....

4. earacing

earacing Race Dad

5. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

$20,000, seriously....have you checked a real hospital bill lately. A birth is about 15-20,000 and that is vaginal birth. My friend broke his hip in a motorcycle accident and that cost him $35,000.

So, if you are in a giving mood. I am currently out of work, have a 5month old baby, plan on putting my lady on meth and to make matters worst I stubbed my toe. In order for me to survive my soon to be racing career I need you to send me cash ASAP...paypal verified :Poke:

6. rogers1323

New to me I guess. And I didn't feel like googling it, so thanks for doing it for me.

:beer:

7. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. 20k for an operation like that:crackup:

8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Same thing I was thinking. Especially on an infant.

You'd need to add a zero, and move the comma at least one digit.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Should reply with "send me $200 and I'll give a shit".

10. caferace

caferace No.

sify.com is an ISP in India. Clue #1?

-jim