1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acree and Arclight no more

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, May 6, 2003.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I can't believe you people would wish such a thing on Lee. A Ducati, damn give the guy a chance. Maybe Vic should mount one of those Fogarty replica pocket bikes on the tail section so that the riders would at least have a ride back to the pit when the bike breaks. Vic Fasola tuned bikes breaking like that is strange. :(

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm lost, did the bike actually break at Fontana? I thought Gobert pulled in - at least the 2nd race.

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Funny how bayliss' Duc ran fine for him last year in WSB, and Hodgson is winning everything this year. Are their factory Ducs THAT much different than the Austin-Blue Bayou Ducs? Really, I would expect they get some support from Ducati.

4. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

In Race 1 Gobert hit a curb, bent the wheel and was forced to retire. In Race 2 he just pulled in, and later explained that his injured hand was the reason why.

-peekay

5. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

Why yes, they are very different, not in the same ballpark even.

-peekay

6. ScottG

ScottG Well-Known Member

Where was that release?? :)

7. GKing

GKing Well-Known Member

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Elaborate please. How is the WSB 998 from '02 so much different from the A-BB 998?

9. peekay

peekay Well-Known Member

First of all, not all '02 WSB-spec 998 Ducatis were created equal. ;) First there is the "factory" spec bike (998 F 02, ran by Bayliss, Xaus, Bostrom.) Gobert didn't get that. Then there is the older "factory" spec bike (998 F 01, ran by Hodgson, Toseland.) Gobert didn't get that, either. Then there is the "customer" bike (998RS, ran by Chili, Borja, etc.) That's what Bleu Bayou got. See, a few steps removed from last's years factory bike.

It's akin to someone buying an RC-51 plus the $100k "Complete Racer" kit. While very nice it is still a league away from Colin Edward's 2002 machine. Bleu Bayou's deal is better than that, but not by much.

Aside from the hardware, though, the massive difference is actually R&D support (or the lack thereof.) Superbike classes are all about serious R&D and Austin Bleu Bayou receives none. All they get is periodic part upgrades with the rest of Ducati Corse 998RS customers world-wide. Without this type of development support, they are at a huge disadvantage.

-peekay

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well now if that ain't totally different than the words that came out of his mouth on TV... Interestinger and interestinger all the time...

11. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

I think those were the excuses at Fontana. At Infineon he just pulled off twice. His bike came in smoking during practice, but I thought his race bike was ok. Maybe he just didn't like riding around in the back of the top 10...

12. ScottG

ScottG Well-Known Member

Whats the latest news! Somebody with some knowledge chime in!

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Some one with knowledge?? Here on the BBS??

:confused: :confused:

:Poke: :D

14. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Latest news...Gobert is a Washed Out has been

15. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

here ;here ::beer:

16. ScottG

ScottG Well-Known Member

I meant about Lee...