1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acquiring Rental Property

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

A good mgmt company is a must. I don't deal with any of the crap, just collect a check. I pay them 10% of my rental amount. I keep $300 set aside for miscellaneous repair that the mgmt company handles. Whatever they use for repairs is replenished from the rent before its paid to me. Any repair over $100 must be cleared by me. Easy as pie. All leasing agreements, credit checks, property check/inspections, etc... all handled by the mgmt company.

It's the only way I'd rent. If that wasnt doable...I'd just sell it.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Still own the first house I bought in 87. Has been rented out since 90. My wife ran a remodel project on it about 5 years ago.

In December the main bathroom shower which wasn’t retiled, in the shower enclosure had a bad spot in the wall. Agent hired guys, to retile the entire tub area and put in fixtures. I think it was about 2k. I asked if she wanted me to send a check and she said no, rent would cover most of it this month and I will get the rest out of rent next month.

I think we pay her 8% of the rent which she deducts before sending us a check. Well worth it I never get a call about the property until after the fact when she needs approval for fixing something.

YamahaRick likes this.