1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acquiring Points?

Discussion in 'General' started by MES Racing, Aug 5, 2003.

1. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

I just finished my first two racs as a Provisional Novice at CMP. When do I start acquiring points (if I can finish high enough in the grid)? Actually finished 4th in V7 HW (only four bikes in V7 HW) and 8th in CORC Novice. When does WERA ask which region I will be competing in (SE) or do they? Is this something that I let them know at the next race? It took me forty years, but I'm finally racing!

2. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

I'm not positive, but I think you get points even as a PN. WERA will NEVER ask what region you run in. Anytime you enter a race, and finish high enough, you get points. If it's a multi-region race, you get points in all regions that were there. You never actually "declare" a region.

Congrats on getting into this game. I'm 35 and this is my third year and the first year I've run a full season. Most fun I've ever had in my life. Welcome aboard. Now get ready to max out that home equity credit line and rock on!

3. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Mmmmmm.....tasty points.

They're kinda like crack, you always just need one more hit.