1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acl brace

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Mar 15, 2018.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I had ACL surgery Feb1st. I am trying to figure out what kind of brace to get for when I am ready to go. Looking at the Leatt, the EVS, and the POD. Anyone have any experience with any of those or have a recommendation? My insurance will pay for the one the ortho recommends, but none of them have the knee cap protection like the mx ones.

2. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Your doctor will probably prescribe one and then it gets custom made for you. That's the best bet. I wear mine with thor knee protectors strapped over the knee brace.
    They can be made very slim and light no with active sports minded designs.

sdiver likes this.
  3. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

It's been twenty or so years for me but when I got mine it was prescribed by doc, they fitted me and had a cti2 made at Innovation Sports. Had a kneed cup and tibia retention strap that was adjustable. Bag came with it and extra sleeves you wear under it to help with chatting or hair grabbing. Not sure if they still have that model or something similar but I was happy with it. Still have it although my leg bigger now so I don't wear it. It was for motocross and whatever else you wanted it for.

4. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Chaffing not chatting

5. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

They will give me a CTi brace. I was just really hoping for something that had knee protection for riding mtn bike. I can't see wearing knee pads over the brace.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

At a baseball game. Will PM you tomorrow morning.

r6fast likes this.
  8. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

Have you contacted innovation to see if they have something with a patella cup available? They might still make something and it wears well in gear. Only complaint I had with mine is I kept braking the plastic hinge cover on inside of knee and I would tear up graphics and dig into plastic tank when gripping with legs which is done alot.

9. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Been wearing CTi's for well over 20 years and love them. I have the knee protectors for when I used to ride the dirty bike. Very well made piece of gear that will last a very long time.

The fact that you ins will pick up the $1000+ bill for each one is a plus.

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

PM sent

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

The cti do come with a knee cup. They are very popular with mx racers. I have a set that is over 15 yrs old. Lifetime warranty, carbon fiber, custom. My insurance paid for them. I've sent them back and had them refurbished once since I have owned them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Bad knees suck!

FB_IMG_1521219463755.jpg