1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acerbis dump can w/ 03 R6 gas car...will it work?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by (diet)DrThunder, Jun 22, 2006.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I'm not talking about the inner thing w. the holes in it...we've go tthat covered. I'm wondering if the actual fill nozzle will fit into the opening, or will we have to mod the cap or hinge somehow?

Thanks!

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Kind of shakey description. A normal Acerbis dump can will fit. Some have modded them, along with the fuel cap. I think there was a change in the rules, but you need to check. As far as I know, you can not mod the opening, ie removing the inner unleaded liner. But as I said I thought I heard of it being allowed.

3. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

To clarify, I think the question that we have is will we have clearance issues with the jug since the stock cap just flips back and stays somewhat perpendicular to the top of the tank.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Check the rulebook. I do not belive to can modify the cap to open amy farther than stock. Build an extension on the dump can if needed.

5. (diet)DrThunder

We're racing Superbike...we can do whatever we want to the tank as long as it holds fuel (I think).

What I need to know is this: will a non-modified Acerbis dump can work with a non-modified 03 R6 gas cap.

Thanks!

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Maybe shoot Karson a pm. He rode with Team Chicago on a 03

7. (diet)DrThunder

Will do...thanks fo rthe tip!

8. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

I'll be at Atlanta thursday early for practice. You will have time to mess w/it if need be. My guess is it will work.

9. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Team Chicago's bike (for the moment) is an '04 R6. The cap has been modified so it can be taken off completely, and uses a screwdriver as a key. I am pretty sure the Acerbis will fit into the inner hole when you take the rubber nozzle part off of the bottom of the dump can.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummm, yeah don't do that to your cap for Superstock, it's illegal. The rules say very clearly what you can do.

11. (diet)DrThunder

We're registered for Superbike...no probs :)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless you want to use that cap on an SS bike in the future.

13. (diet)DrThunder

I'm with ya. We should be ok...we're using my old denty tank from Tally so that Gil cna keep his regular one in virginal condition.

14. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

15. (diet)DrThunder

I think it will be totally fine. If we don't like it, I'll just sell it and we'll do something else next time.

16. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Can we get an update on this thread? Please...:up:

17. jimmyv138

jimmyv138 Well-Known Member

Yes, it fits. You may have to take the rubber gasket off of the dump can, but there is enough clearance.:up: