1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A visit from Obama

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Marcmcm, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Mr. Obama graced us here in State College PA today with a visit. After the National Prayer Breakfast he loaded up, flew over in Air Force 1 (The smaller one, mind ewe) Took a quick tour of a lab, gave a 22 minute speech, jumped back on Air Force 1 and flew back to Washington, DC.

We have the largest deficit EVER and this guy just flew over here with a huge staff, shut down the town, and then left...all for a 22 minute speech.

/rant

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

What did he say?

3. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

"um....." :D

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Don't know...it was by invitation only.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That's what Presidents do. I can't kick the shit out of him for that as much as I would like to.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So that's what's really bothering you. :D

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw some of the prayer breakfast on C-Span. I'm still not sure what it does?

Hasn't seemed to do jackshit over the last decade.

8. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

:D
    yeap

9. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

So how should be president travel??? Grayhound Bus?

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I guess they could call it Coast Guard One and let them take care of it when they aren't cleaning their tug boats. :D

11. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

Wasted money. Pelosi knows how to use up the Air Force jets and money :crackup:

And his speech was probably nothing important like everything else he has done

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Greyhound. Just sayin':D

Telecommute would be greener.

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's what Presidents do. :D

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Contribute to climate change and the national debt?

15. MINDOVERMATTER

True. Maybe he should start using MY PC and video conference his speeches :up:

16. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Just like Obama...you don't get it. He was in town to talk about innovation and green energy. I wonder how green it was for an airliner to fly an hour each way to give a 22 minute speech with a 22 SUV caravan to get him where he needed to go.

Also, while the town was shut down for his visit, 22 city buses sat in front of the University idling with no one on them. Sounds like Green Energy and Innovation to me! :rolleyes:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's the prez, he needs the protection. I don't really care about the plane or the SUV's one way or the other. Secret Service has a job to do and if that's what it takes to do it properly then so be it.

Your city buses aren't running on natural gas or propane? Bummer.

18. MINDOVERMATTER

Yep He is the president and we shouldn't care how much money he spends (which is our money) just because he is the president. That makes sense. And every one wonders why we are in debt :rolleyes:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You seem to be truly confused between understanding an expense and caring about wasting money. The president of the US needs to go out and be among the people. They need to make these day trips, it's part of the job. The secret service needs a certain amount of equipment to do their job properly. It's part of the deal and I accept that it's part of the deal. There are thousands of other things the government blows money on that should be bitched about before this.

20. MINDOVERMATTER

I agree with the last part of that but maybe the Prez needs to practice his right to exercise and walk :crackup: or maybe plan his trips so he can do more than one thing in a day :D