1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A* Tech Air vest question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 05Yamabomber, Feb 19, 2021.

1. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I bought a Tech Air vest with a new suit and havent been able to use it yet this season. Going next weekend to Vegas so I am charging it for a couple days.

There is a red LED when charging, but I never see a green LED to tell me when its done. How do I know its fully charged?

2. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t change color when charged. I believe the lights on the suit sleeve show when the battery is getting low.

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

According to the manual, it should be Green and Orange when fully charged. The red LED supposedly indicates low battery.

Do you have the LED's transitioning when charging? I think mine flash, or light up in a sequence or something when on the charger. Sounds like your charger might not be putting any juice into the bag.

I'm sure you have it, but the manual covers the LED's pretty well. It takes some studying to learn all the signals.

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0002/5072/Tech-Air_Street_-_User_manual.pdf

4. yokohama1

JJJ is right. Plug the vest into the suit and read the lights on the arm.
    The red light you see on the vest itself doesn’t ever change colors when charging.

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have only ever seen the solid red LED under charge. (Both Green and Red LED turn on when I first plug it in). I did turn it on in the suit once and there was a charge. I just figured I would ask before I dug into the manual. I would expect it to turn Green once fully charged but I had it plugged in for 2 days and never changed. Was concerned.

6. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

Strange. Mine lights up red, orange, green in sequence, and then turns off and starts over in a 1-2 second loop when charging. All lights stay on when fully charged.

7. Tyson10R

Tyson10R Well-Known Member

He’s talking about the light on the back of the vest. Not the sleeve.

It’s always red. The lights on the sleeve will indicate when it’s fully charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

This.

23103a likes this.
  9. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

Yes that light remains red when charging never changes... do NOT forget to turn the switch to ON at the back of the vest. It should be off for shipping or if not in use..

05Yamabomber likes this.
  10. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

If you charge it with the suit attached and on ....you will,see the indicators on the sleeve show battery charge.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  11. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

One more question. How long does a charge last? I plan on doing 3 days at the track this weekend. Friday, Sat, Sun. Think it lasts all weekend or should I charge it between?

12. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

It will definitely last that long. When I use on the street it's active for a lot more hours than 20 minute sessions added up over a weekend.

13. Taki

Taki Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack this thread but how does having an internal vest effect the size of your suit? Would you need to go up 1 size?

14. yokohama1

I did not. There is some bulk to the vest itself but not much. The suit will have more stretch panels that provide room for when there is a deployment.

15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well, I think every suit vendor is different but the A* suit I just bought, is a 56. I have big arms and would be a 54 everywhere else. The new A* suits they re-sized them recently and this seems a little smaller then normal.

Long story long, you should go up one size for a couple reasons. Airbag and new suit sizes. I just think going to a 58 for me, becomes like a fat guy suit and super baggy everywhere else. I usually take the upper arm pads out of suits but this suit doesnt have them.

16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The older I get, the bigger the Astar suit I keep buying. Either they’re shrinking their suits, or something else is going on too :crackup:

17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Haha, for real. I am managing my weight especially dropping to a 600. Still heavy at 200lbs. (down 35). Athletic build but have been buying 56 size suit for 20+ years. Sportbiketrackgear did a review on the new A* suit and he did say they resized them in 2020. So you may want to consider going a size up if you were on the edge.

They got rid of the butt saggy pants material. 56 is still good for me, but I am concerned with the airbag going off there wont be enough room in the shoulders, arms, Hope the suit breaks in alot more before I test how the airbag works.

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

In my experience, the more expensive suits fit smaller as well. So if you are upgrading, you may need to size up.