1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A professor called the police because

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 600 dbl are, Dec 12, 2016.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:
    And the libtard Prof was too stupid to realize that calling for an armed police officer because an armed police officer made students uncomfortable made no sense at all. The student that made the complaint needs to go to the Registrars office and ask for their tuition back. It is obvious that education is not working for them.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Someone fact check it with Dustin, he works with the guy if it's true.

4. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I would've loved to have sat in on that phone call from the police department's perspective.

BHP41 likes this.
  5. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

It's on the local TV station's site, with a statement from the university that it was a misunderstanding. The sergeant was in SWAT jammies (vice the usual patrol uniform) which the student in question apparently didn't recognise as a police uniform (despite the big POLICE blazoned across the back, and various patches on the chest and sleeves). There is also a big push on about "if you see something, say something" given the recent shootings - quite reasonable, IMHO.

From the article:
    Emphasis mine. I am inclined to take anything coming from the mouthpiece of a university that "dedicates itself to social justice" with a few pounds of salt, but if their version of events is even -remotely- close to reality, in this particular case it sounds like it was the police officer who got his panties in a bind.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

There is so much stupid there I don't know where to start. :eek:

Be funny to jump out at one of the pussys and yell BOO ! They'd probably shit themselves.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Definitely not as bad as they are making it out to be for sure. Still an idiot co-student and prof for not knowing his other student is a flipping Sergeant and not recognizing a jumpsuit like that - not like they aren't on the news all the time. Also not like the guy was hiding his legal sidearm so stupid reaction for sure but at least they didn't overreact.

Seems like the cop just made a facetubes post, nothing overreacty there either.

8. DonTZ125

It would have been classic if one of the deputies on duty had swung by, wandered in, shook the guy's hand - "Hey, Josh! How's life?" "Ah, the usual, work, school, melty snowflakes ... " :crackup:

crashman likes this.
  9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Don't you know that all school shooters like to finish class before they go on a rampage? :Poke:

10. DonTZ125

Depends on their class participation mark that day, innit?

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This shit actually happens. I've witnessed it first hand. I was in an Astronomy class and one of the students was a local PD guy. The city allows it's officers to take classes while on duty, so he was in class in uniform, gun, radio, and all. There were other students who claimed they "felt uncomfortable" because of his gun so the professor asked him to leave it in his car - he refused and ended up transferring to another class.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Professor should have told them as long as they don't smoke pot in class he is safe to be around.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

14. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Sure that wasn't an Astrology class?

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Professor was a giant pussy too. This was an evening/community college setting, "taught" by a guy who was in the doctorate program at the University of Missouri.

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Wrong thread.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

FT Professor?

Shenanigans likes this.