1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"....A heart felt..Thanks!..."

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Millwoodva, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

I took a sabbatical from racing after a challenging 1998 season.
    I campaigned one of the first endurance R1’s, with Summit Point’s local pilots: :up:
    Tim Bemisderfer
    Davis Joseph Rose
    Greg Leffler
    Throughout the season, we contributed to YMC R&D via broken cushdrives and clutch baskets.
    This resulted in an improved R1 for ’99, but it was time for me to take a break..(1979-1998).

’99 - Purchased 7 acres 20 min. from Summit Point and…. got married (1st time….!)
    ’00 '01 - Cleared the land and built a house
    '02 - Blessed with identical twin boys: Brady & Bradley
    ’03 - Stuff….
    ’04 - Rode the Summit Endurance with SBR
    ’05 - Rode the Summit Endurance with SBR
    (from 1998 to present, the past three endurance weekends at Summit have
    been my ONLY motorcycle riding…. )

The plan for ’06 was the 3rd annual SBR Reunion Tour, but the “donor bike” fell through.
    I got a call from Greg Harrison two weeks prior to Summit, asking if I was available.
    BEi Racing had asked Greg to ride, but he was involved in closing on a property (10 min. from Summit)
    and was unavailable. Greg said that BEi had premium equipment, BUT MAXXIS rubber.
    I got a call from Billy, and met him for the first time at Thursday practice. Being out of the “racing loop”
    for seven years, I knew very few of the teams or riders. I was VERY impressed with the BEi Racing track presence.
    For those of you that recall, track presence was also #1 for JAR – Jeff Atwell Racing.
    My goal in ’98 was to get “the big sponsor” on my ninety-foot mobile billboard, but it didn’t happen….
    I needed to step back and take a break.
    A break… That’s what I’ve gotten from BEI Racing to say the least!:clap:

I’ll be with BEi Racing at the remaining three rounds and the ’07 season…yeeehhaaaa!!!

Thanks Billy!!

¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•'*Jeff*
    WERA #76
    WERA ID: 1036

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't know who I feel more sorry for - you, Billy, or me :crackup:

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Cool! I bet Billy is happy to have another dedicated rider.

4. Millwoodva

I don't who I feel more sorry for - you, Billy, or me

Mongo... countless times in the last four weeks that I've visited this site...I've wanted to correct your grammer...Please insert "know" as the third word...!:crackhead:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

damnit. Sorry about that - brain moves way faster than my non-typing fingers.

6. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

Your all worthless and weak! Drop and give me 20!:D

7. Millwoodva

No problem Matt....I'll give you 40...!
    I realize this is not quite as "touching" as YOUR .. 2006 Goals Thread....:Puke:

8. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

Another? Who is the first?

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

well it ain't me!
    ...i'm the designated crasher and i'm sure not dedicated to that pursuit.

with two jeffs on the team now, i will say...

jeff's the fast one.:D

10. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

LOL! I deserve that one! I'm happy your pumped, its great to be in the game. I look forward to racing w/you at Nelson. Maxis rocks:rock:

11. Millwoodva

Come on Matt....You've been around these guys a while now...:tut: it's spelled...MAXXIS

12. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

well it's good to see a old face back :Poke: , i'm happy to see billy has finally found his missing link...well maby if youstop falling...:D good luck though...don't you really feel old now?

13. paul

paul just fast enough

14. Millwoodva

15. paul

paul just fast enough

Ummm That was Scotty and Glennnn. .Scotty my nephew. I'm not into that incest stuff.:Puke:

16. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

like i said...some things never change? all were missin' now is a SBR reunion...well you never know though?hmmmmm:D only time will tell? nelson maby?

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

So, you'll be at Nelson? I remember the last time (I think) you were there - 24 hr in 93 maybe? Tell me again why you went so fast in the morning session after leaving the track for a few hours. :Poke:
    Will probably see you out there. I'm planning on taking a ride on the luxury liner to watch.

18. Millwoodva

True..it was pretty fast (a couple tenths off the record ...at dawn w/ fog), thanks for remembering :up:
    Well, there was a female team competing with a new member that had never participated in a 24 hour event.
    She was very petite (21yrs) and strolled threw the paddock (guess you can't call Nelson a "paddock") ..
    OK..the pits, in a "form fitting" pair of spandex shorts. :eek: .... form fitting: camel toe, looked like two rolls of dimes....
    AAAnyway..We caught a little tent time in the wee hours before my morning stint...:clap:
    Damn it felt good passing Team Suzuki on the front straight with JU quivering by the pitboard:rock: ...
    "There you have it...!
    Still to this day....when ever I drive past an "Arby's" sign, (next tine , check the resemblance)
    I think of that quite little hoof.......:up:

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

This is all nonsense. She was about 195 lbs with a mole the size of Texas on her nose and she was in need of a waxing to get rid of the mustache. Are you sure you're remembering this correctly? It almost sounds as if you fell and hit your head and are having problem remembering the facts. She was wearing a XXXL JAR shirt at Summit a few weeks later. Funny...you seemed so happy.

20. paul

paul just fast enough

She was wearing a XXXL JAR shirt at Summit a few weeks later. Funny...you seemed so happy.[/QUOTE]

Jeffy likes the ones with "the pouch"....