1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 MZ Skorpion legal in WERA vintage?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Bruce Brown, Dec 17, 2002.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Tina wanted to marry Mr. Right, she just didn't know it was going be all the time:D

2. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

No I don't agree with rules be damn. All I've be trying to point out here is that AHRMA modern bikes (singles, twins, & triples) which make up 40-50% of the entries don't have a place to ride on Thursday. A few morning practice sessions would be enough to make it work for me.

I believe once word gets out to the modern AHRMA racers they might be inclined to skip N FL. Don't get me wrong the AHRMA/WERA combo is really great for the vintage racers but it's worse for the modern AHRMA guys than racing at DeLand, IMO.

bb

3. lizard84

I would not think it would be asking to much for the modern AHRMA riders to be provided practice sessions thurs morning. If I were you I'd e-mail the wera vintage director & plead your case

4. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Wow.. so many responses to reply to.

FZ750 in V5 - yes the rule book stated last year that it was to be removed from V5... I explained why it wasn't in a previous post. We had no basis for removing it based on the rules governing performance indexing. If the only argument opponents can come up with is "well gosh, it said in the rulebook that it would be removed after the 2002 season" then try to come up with something more valid. The rulebook has always been changed and modified, it's called improving. Thats why a new one is printed every year.

WERA Vintage does not exist as a dumping ground for racers and bikes that don't fit anywhere else. In this string I keep hearing the same argument that Bruce doesn't want to chase for points. He wants to get track time so he can prepare for Daytona. Great, WERA Vintage will have a morning practice session on Thursday and he can enter V7 for even more track time later in the afternoon. Since he's not chasing points, he shouldn't care about finishing position yet he can hone his skills by trying to keep up with faster V7 bikes at a technical track like NFMP. Now that's a challenge!

V5 LW and V6 LW - great, new classes. WERA can't fit any more races into the Saturday schedule so basically we'll have to add more classes into each race format. I know... V5 LW can run with V5 HW and V6 LW can run with V6 HW. So the only difference between this new schedule proposal and the present one is that more people will get trophies since the grids will be made up of the same people anyway, it's just that more people will be in the position to get "wood" or "metal" (as it is the trophies that show up at a vintage race outnumber the racers by a huge margin).

Tell you what, I have a shit load of meaningless trophies that I'm willing to give away to someone else who deserves it for just showing up at a race. That is the bottom line, isn't it? To allow more people to be "competative"? In fact, just so that more racers have the opportunity to be , er... "competitive":rolleyes:, let's break down the classes even further. I propose V3 be broken down into V3 Tim (so that I don't have to race against him), V3 BMW (so that I don't have to race against Mark, Bucky or Barry) and lastly V3 byob (build your own bike... a class where you can't spend over a certain dollar figure and no fabrication or machine work can be farmed out. The racer has to do all the work himself/herself). There, that should allow me to be more "competative".:rolleyes:

Makes sense, right?

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Off topic...

Personally, I don't care what rifle someone chooses it's all personal preference. But when it comes to hunting season using historical firearms, centerfires/smokeless just don't count. They're a convenient copout for people wanting to extend their hunting season and couldn't give a rats ass about tradition.

I don't hunt but I have a .50 caliber Hawken caplock (couldn't afford a flintlock or even better... a matchlock) because of what's involved in order to make it fire successfully, accurately and consistently. The rituals involved in firing one is an art that takes time, knowledge and skill. You just don't get that kind of satisfaction with a centerfire. But then again, some people can justify almost anything.

6. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

Um...... Ah.....
    Diesel......
    it ain't legal for V-7 either.....
    fun with a bike that don't fit ANYWHERE
    probably why he asked nicely after he read the rulebook

Vintage 7
    Heavyweight
    Pre-1996 Unlimited Displacement Production based machines
    Pre-1996 Factory GP machines up to 500cc
    Mediumweight
    Pre-1996 Up to 650cc 4-stroke Multis
    Pre-1996 Up to 1200cc 4-stroke air cooled twins
    Pre-1996 Up to 800cc 4-stroke water cooled twins
    Pre-1996 250cc GP machines
    Exclusions: No machine eligible for D Superbike, 125cc GP, or Clubman classes will be allowed to bump up. We will be working on the V7 rules as the year progresses so please let us know of any changes you would like.
    V-7 Eligibility is based strictly on the age of the machine. No newer machines may be run regardless of similiarity to age legal machinery. V-7 machines must run stock (no aftermarket or homemade) frames.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

no need to bring me into this.

btw i would love a lw v6 class. i will be running v7 on a old f3 some loudmouth gave me:D and i would love to be able to run my hawk competitivly in a vintage class also. its not that i am running away from modern classes either. in 2000 i ran the hawk in hvw twins/ltw twins/ d.super. i got 3rd for the region in hvy and top 5 in the others or close to it. i dont remember i may have gotten 6th in one. but i am becoming more of a vintage fan all the time. then i could just chase one series instead of 2

ok sorry for the interuption. i now return you to your regularly scheduled programed fighting

8. werase643

yes, that is why SUPER VINTAGE classes were formed
    a place for not so competative bikes to still duke it out.

and Bob your bikes are not true vintage bikes

real vintage bikes are ....pre-75ish
    real VINTAGE is V-1, V-2, and V-3

9. lizard84

:D Some of mine are true vintage bikes for the classes you name, you just havn't seen them yet... when I get bored with what I'm racing (or in the RZ case, going to learn to race) I'll put some of those on the track.

10. werase643

:D this is fun:D :D

11. lizard84

I agree 100%, I also use caplocks, since they have benn in widespread use since around 1807, thats tradition enough. I've also have a .50 caliber but also have a .54 barrel for it. I've got my heart set on a October Country .69 roundballer custom with a very slow twist(200 grains of FF normal load!!). Problem is, to afford it I 'd have to sell a racebike:eek:

12. stickboy274

now thats just crazytalk

13. werase643

get off the thermonuclear device......

14. lizard84

on the FZ,
    No, its not, Gosh, darn it, you said you were going to do this & you didn't. Its damn it, its a 20 valve water cooled four that never should have been in v5 in the first place.

v5 & v6 LW
    Yes they would have to run at the same time, and no, it would not just be the same guys. I think doing the split would draw more of the lightweight bikes into vintage racing, whats the better tack? split them when they grow enough, or split them to make them grow? I'd pick the 2nd one.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2002
  15. werase643

yeah,
    lets split up the Vintage classes.....
    and make the solo20's shorter...... and piss off all the modern guys!!!!!!

more classes for the same old bikes

oh, NO, the larger grids are due to the SUPER VINTAGE Whore classes....

Last edited: Dec 25, 2002
  16. lizard84

I have no problem with telling the modern guys to piss off...

:D

17. werase643

hey, that is not funny
    NO
    wait
    yes it is:D :D :D

18. werase643

good, then, shut the F@&* up, stick:cool: :D :D

19. stickboy274

i dont think i like you any more. your not a very nice sposor. you give me a bike to ride and then dog out the class and me. you suck almost as bad as tom

20. werase643

:( i'm sorry Stick. Please run your mouth.....like a red headed stepchild........:p