1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97' f3 suspension set up

Discussion in 'Tech' started by porkyb, Mar 2, 2004.

1. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

I was just wondering what the stock set up is . I bought a bike that was set up to drag race. I raised the front end back up to stock.(well 4mm down to run 120/70 tire instead of a 120/60) but I wanted to set it back to stock suspension settings to have a starting point to adjust it.....anybody know them?????

2. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

get in contact with stickboy
    i think he has a pretty good set up for his 96 f3
    and he can get you set up with some good B-STONES tars

3. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

I got some brand new "pilot race " tires I just need to pick his brain for the set up..

4. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I don't know the stock setting but I had some baseline recommended adjustments written down that I found in an old magazine.... try 3 lines showing on the front preload adjusters, front rebound 5 clicks out from full stiff, rear preload on position 5 of 7, and rear compression half a turn out. These are assuming your suspenion is bone stock. Good luck!

5. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

Thanks,
    I'll try those and see how it does.. It gotta be better than before..The front preload was all the way down to one line showing..

Thanks again..