1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97 f3 front tire size question

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by suzuki2903, Nov 11, 2008.

1. suzuki2903

suzuki2903 Well-Known Member

im wondering if a 120 70 17 tire will make much of a difference compared to the stock 120 60 17 front tire. there's just a much more selection and easier access to the 120 70 27 front tires.

2. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

No difference that you'd likely notice at all. All of the V7 guys use the 120/70 size just for the reason you noted.

3. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Rubs on front fender on an F3. Slot the bolt holes and lift fender up?

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Can't remember the last time I saw a F3 on an endurance grid.:confused:

5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I think it would be cool seeing the f3 back on an endurance grid. The only thing I was gonna say has been answered. About it rubbing the front fender right in the middle of the fender. So ya slot it and move it up. 2nd thing I always ran the 180 rear for the same reason as well. Easier to find. Plus I like the way it felt better in the corners than the stock 160 rear, but Im a smaller guy and these bigger riders rub off some speed using the bigger rear tire.
    But I think the v7 class would be honored to know we would have someone in our ranks out on the endurance seen again. So any ?s you have click over to the vintage threads and hit the V7 guys and they can tell you all about the cool tricks they have come up with over the years to really make these older bike haul ass. Couple season ago I remember a kid named Kevin from up north dropping 1:35s on his at Road Atl.

Oh and I even still have a frame or 2 spare that are in great shape if you need an extra one for the B bike.

6. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Oh and Stickboy with the Stones always has the f3 sizes right on hand.

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

There are a couple that run with CMRA in endurance.

8. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Ask Stickboy of his opinion of a 180 on a 5.0"

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The last time I saw a F3 on the endurance grid, we took 3rd for the season in HWT SS. It was '02. You want to see the trophies? They are really kewl.

I've run the 180 on my F3 before, and it didn't feel as good as the 165 slick. It has a weird feel as you lean it over. It pinches it more than ot needs to. As long as you don't lean the bike, it doesn't feel to wierd.

Now, it was great endurance bike to play on. It would run for over an hour on a tank of fuel. You can do most races on one set of tires, we only did one tire change the whole year. The motor is bulletproof,a dn they are easy to ride for long stints.

That being said, they don't stand a chance against a descent team. But they are fun. You just have to descide why your going out there. To win, or to enjoy the race.

Oh yeah, race tires come in 70's because it lets them be more stable under hard braking when the front tire gets squashed

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Can you post a picture of the HWT SS endurance trophy ?:Poke:

11. stickboy274

I have a 2nd from JGP, and 3rd for RRR and a 3rd for the season. Which do you want to see? I'll send it to you in a text. What's your number?

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've been either racing or part of WERA Endurance for over 8 years.
    I can't remember there ever being a Heavy Weight Twins class.

13. stickboy274

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:D
    I knew that.I just like to bust your balls.
    We raced my F3 Superbike @ Tally once, it was fun, but that bike was not
    built for endurance racing, and we had to pit every 45 minutes to let it cool down.

15. stickboy274

You put to much in it. We put bodywork on ours and took off.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It was never intended to race endurance. I was asked to race on a team
    with a GSXR. That bike was ill prepared, and after swapping tires for the race,
    the brakes would not pump up, so we either had to not race, or use my sprint bike.
    The one good thing that came out of it,we made the opening shot on Moto-World. Tray was behind me going through the corner before the bowl,
    so it looked like we were leading the race:D

17. stickboy274

I used to like taking the checkered flag. It made me feel like the race was over.