1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

97-00 GSXR spares

Discussion in 'General' started by vlwebdesigns, Jan 17, 2001.

1. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

One of my riders is making our team spares for 2001 to fit my 97-00 GSXR6. We should be down at Talladega for the open practice on 2/3 and maybe 2/4. If anyone needs some spares for 2001, please contact us. We can make extra and sell them as needed. We don't know prices yet, but ask and we'll figure it out.

Items we are making:
    1. Stock rearsets. We are CNC milling rearsets out of aluminum. We won't guarantee that they are lighter than stock, but they'll replace em in a pinch.
    2. Subframes. We are making new front halves out of round tubing with all needed inserts for racing.
    3. Fairing stays. These are the type that look similar to the Graves or GPTech style. They clean things up in the front, just leaving the tach/gauge assembly.
    4. Heel guards. We are making these from carbon fiber.
    5. Experimenting with clip-ons.

2. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Who is going to test the experimental clip-ons, to ensure the bar will not come from the clip-on - or - the clip-on will not twist on the tube ? Just wondering..

[This message has been edited by R Hood (edited 01-17-2001).]

3. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

Given that the rider/maker of these spares is competing with me, I'd assume we'll ride with them. I fully trust him to make these fit appropriately to my bike. He works in the CART racing industry and makes carbon parts all day long, so I know he can make simple parts for us. If you want to see some stuff, just ask. How's 2001 looking for Reptilian Racing? Found a teammate to replace Ted if he goes big?

4. unabiker

unabiker Well-Known Member