1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 tz 250 in hwt

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by rcmike917, Jan 26, 2005.

1. WERA49

WERA49 Well-Known Member

If you're interested, buy the two stroke. There is nothing like them. The new 600's are good bikes, but they're not GP bikes. Think about this: anyone can buy a 600 any time. A 250 will always be special.

Which has the most appeal, a 600 with cut wires (turnsignals, headlights, brake lights and safety switches) or a race only 250? If something doesn't help the 250 go faster, it won't be there! They have a couple of wires and no cams. Maintenance is higher, but they are very easy to work on. In ten minutes, you can be looking at the pistons of a 250. Try that on a four stroke. I know, the four stroke guys will say "but we don't have to see the pistons". The truth is, 600's come apart quite often in search of power. That class is extremely competitive. Most of the people on 600's think that they're the next Wayne Rainey and want to be 'discovered'.

2. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

I agree. Coming from a 750 to the 250, I love it. I rode a buddies GSXR600 at Barber last year for endurance, and I tell you what - it felt like driving a friggin dump truck around instead of my Ferrari. I couldnt wait to get back on my 2 stroke.

3. Lee57

Lee57 Well-Known Member

be careful Mike.......smoking is 100% addictive

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

A TZ 250 is not eligible for Superstock. It is eligible for Formula 2 and F1.

Check on Mylaps.com for lap times to get an idea of the competitiveness.

5. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

yeah i asked, but its still legal in HWTSB which is what i'll be running this year also