1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

88/89 FZR 400 for sale or part out

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by fzrkidd, May 11, 2017.

1. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

Ive got a 400 that has a motor issue, at this point it's believed to be a valve problem. Over all it's in good shape, has been down once on Sharkskinz bodywork that held up well. Stock motor, Fox Shock, 18" rear wheel, preload caps on forks, etc. I'll take offers for a week or so, if I don't get enuf for it, it's getting completely parted out.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Interested in shock and forks, possibly exhaust, if aftermarket

3. fzrkidd

It's a D&D 4-2-1

4. bat

bat Well-Known Member

5. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Any pics?

6. fzrkidd

I'll text pics to anyone who PM's me a number to send them to. Just FYI, it's been torn down a bit ... tank, carbs, and valve cover have been pulled

7. fzrkidd

Way more interest in parts than the whole bike, so I'll begin parting it out. I'll get ahold of ppl in the order they contacted me. Please PM me questions, and I'll post up sold parts here. Thanks all

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

mind sending me a PM with what you have in mind for pricing?

thanks,

Phil

9. fzrkidd

Bodywork and clip-ons are gone

10. fzrkidd

Rearsets and foot controls sold

11. fzrkidd

FOX Shock sale pending

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So on the engine,possible valve issue only?.......what about the crank etc.?

13. fzrkidd

I just pulled the motor last night, crank spins freely. I'll post up as soon as I know more, but I'm pretty sure the bottom end is in great shape, and prolly only has 3-4 weekends after a fresh build.

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sending PM

15. fzrkidd

Shock sold

16. fzrkidd

Frame is totally torn down, it's all for sale. PM a phone number if you want pics.
    Frame (shipping is expensive)
    Swing Arm
    Nice stock subframe
    Nice SS full wire harness
    CDI box
    Regulator/Rectifier
    Stock stay (bent left upper mount, but fixable)
    Damper with fork clamp
    Coils and wires
    Forks
    Wheels
    Upper coolant system (t-stat, fill, hoses)
    D&D Exhaust
    Front and rear brakes
    Blah, blah, blah ... if it's not listed ask
    The motor comes apart next. The only thing questionable at this point is the head, so the rest will be available asap. If need something RIGHT NOW, let me know and I'll get it apart quicker.

Please buy this stuff so I don't have to eBay it!

17. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

how much for forks and triples? and maybe the damper.

Shipped to 37122

18. fzrkidd

Last post from me: Top end of the engine is apart. Other than needing a good cleaning, clean out of the cooling chambers, and some new valve seals it looks good. Stock bore pistons I'll keep matched with the cylinders. Race case covers scratched up but decent. Stock cams and sprockets. Stock carbs.

Hit me up for what you need

19. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Thought I should chime in here for those of you who don't know Aaron. I bought the bodywork and clip ons. There was a slight miscommunication about the bodywork.
    He ABSOLUTELY made it right. A true stand up guy. Buy from him with confidence.

vance likes this.
  20. fzrkidd

Thanks Grady!

Bike is totally torn down now. Some parts are on eBay already. Crank, rods, clutch, pistons/cylinders, head, forks, swing arm, nice subframe, etc, etc ... hit me up for the spares you need! You know you're gonna need them eventually!