1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

81 yamaha sr500

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by barnacle bill, Nov 10, 2016.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

any interest in this clean 81 sr 500. it's pretty nice, clean all original with brand new tires and a small cafe fairing . it had a new battery and carb work last december but alas it has sat all year and it will need the carb cleaned and fresh gas . spray a little fuel ( wd40) in the airbox and it starts first or second kick. I don't know why I can't load a picture on this site anymore but if you;re interested and email me I can probably reply back with a picture. clean KY title . 1800.00 ( if I clean the carb and clean it up anymore 2000.00 ) call bill @ 859 336 7375

2. barnacle bill

I've got the battery on the charger and I'm going to start it up and ride it a little weather permitting. clean title already notarized. 1500.00 if I don't have to winter it. thanks. b bill email me for pictures. it's a nice unit.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

Do you still have those sewing machines to get rid of?

4. barnacle bill

I have sold several of them already . call me direct with what you're looking for and material you're sewing when I'm in the shop and I'll tell you what I have left and the prices on 9-5 wkedys. 859 336 7375 thanks, b bill

5. barnacle bill

well since the tread is sort of hi jacked anyway. not only can I provide you a reconditioned sewing machine I also have a nice pto driven circular sawmill that I'd sell and a nice selection of trailerable sailboats . call or email for details and or pics. thanks, b bill and darethea

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Oh man....the boats...wish I was closer. A friend sews through that nylon webbing stuff that they make truck straps out of..I was talking to him the other day and he was mentioning sewing through it with his little home maker singer, Avd I thought of your post. I'll forward info. His name is james..cool kid.

Thank you

7. barnacle bill

these are machines I bought from a local factory that went out of business years ago. they made golf bags. they will sew through leather and nylon webbing easily. have him giove me a call. 859 336 7375

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

PTO Driven SawMill??? Details Bill...just a few...I need just such a contraption.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    V5 Racer likes this.
  9. barnacle bill

You'll have to email me direct so I can send you pictures but just google BellSaw M14 sawmill . they were really popular during the 70's and 80's . I've had two on them. sawed most of the lumber for my house and barns with it. It's stored right now but if I don't sell it I'm sitting it back up and sawing out another barn pattern. I stored it for I didn't want my son messing around with it. The grandson doesn't care. you can saw with as little as 30 hp . mine has a 4 head block carriage. It's not as intimidating as the larger mills. sort of like a self feed table saw on steroids. lots of steroids.

10. barnacle bill

my saw is on the factory steel frame and I've had the 46 inch blade serviced, re tempered and new bits and keepers installed. has all owners manuals, instructions, and spares. 2000.00 cash loads her up on a big ass truckl or trailer. it's in 3 sections right now and bolts together.

joec likes this.
  11. barnacle bill

If you want to see some of my boats I have them on my page Barnacle Bill's Leather Repair on facebook as well as some other stuff I do. just keep scrolling down the page.

12. barnacle bill

About the saw. my friends ask why I don't have a bandsaw mill. well it's all about the sound and speed. nothing sounds like that big blade when it's singing through a log. I grew up around that sound. I was shoveling sawdust from a 60 inch blade down in the sawdust pit when I was 9 yrs old. OSHA would have throwed a fit but that's what we did back then. It's was John Staten's old mill that sat up on the head of the creek nearby and pulled with a kerosene tractor through a 12 inch flat belt . we hauled the sawdust out and up with a steel wheeled wagon pulled by two large billy goats. no kidding. I'd pay for a picture of that from those days.

Phl218 and Shenanigans like this.
  13. barnacle bill

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Bill I am interested in the sawmill, will get with you after Thanksgiving...

15. barnacle bill

16. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

If Britt doesn't pick up the sawmill, I'm interested. I'll email for pics. Would be very handy on the farm. Our address just happens to be Sawmill Lane....

17. barnacle bill

well I'm a believer in first come first served. send your email address. b bill

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Bill, if you and Chuck work something out it's totally cool...:)

19. dmark84

dmark84 New Member

Bill was kind enough to email me photos of the SR500, and asked that I upload them here.

IMG_2409.jpg IMG_2408.jpg IMG_2406.jpg IMG_2405.jpg IMG_2404.jpg IMG_2407.jpg IMG_2403.jpg IMG_2402.jpg

20. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

PM sent Bill