1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Hours of Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 22, 2014.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

That was your team? I had just showed the pit board to one of my team mates on the front straight. Turned around to walk back to our pits and saw two bikes coming down pit road, moving pretty good too. Took a few seconds to realize it was a race bike/rider being pushed by worker on another bike.

Kewl!

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Dont let the secret out! :D

Houston traffic is horrible to begin with!

3. VFRacer-R

VFRacer-R Don't you know who I am?

We lost 2 hours at the first round, would lose another 2 hours in this race, and we decided that it just wasn't to be for us this season :down:

It was a tough decision but sometimes you just have to stop the bleeding and get it together for next season I guess.

4. VFRacer-R

VFRacer-R Don't you know who I am?

The first person to start pushing me in was a former BoD member of the CMRA and great dude to be around. He jumped right up when he saw me pushing and said "Get on!" while everyone else just kinda stood around and stared. My best friends pointed and laughed… :crackup:

I had just put us in first in class two laps prior… stoopid bent frame on these Eyetalian bike.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Like the thumb's up at the end. :clap:

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I know the feeling.
    I had to pull the plug in 09 .

8. rwood64083

Can't tell you how exciting it was too see a 2 wave start endurance race with 40 bikes on the grid.

Walter and Shondra with CMRA thought it welcoming to the WERA teams to grid us up front. Ben Kirby launched our bike from row 3 (left). I think we were just in everyone's way during the first lap as we were on a light weight bike and didn't know the track yet. Was a really nice gesture :up:

9. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

^
    Either you were asleep or just being really polite by letting the others go first.
    You made all of it and then some back up on the first lap it looks like. Nice.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6 to 290 to 45 yep. It's only 95-100 miles from the track. It was also Saturday night and no traffic. Have to say I love the speed limit being 65 even through work zones and 75 on Hwy 6 even though it's not limited access :D

12. rwood64083

A little slow on the start but smooth and really made up for it. Good riding! Glad you had some video. Let's me know I wasn't off my race lines and I want going to miss any additional bumps (thought I found every bad spot on the track).

What bike were you on? Wish I would have known you were there. I'd of come by and said hello.

GoPro with a larger battery? How long did the camera last? What is the program you're using that shows the track layout, tach and speedo? I've seen it before, that's pretty cool.

Wish I lived closer. Besides rough and multi textured surfaces that's a fun track.

13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

You got it right. It was Bean, Dean and Eugene Dayho.

The fabulous Flying Bean Dayho Brothers a Travelling Extravaganza!!!

I love that name :)

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Man, I wish i knew. There is a pie place near hobby that is famous among the locals.

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Can't see Mongo at the House of Guys on a Saturaday night! :D

David

16. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

It's a Garmin Virb Elite camera and the Virb Editor software. All sorts of different way to incorporate the GPS data, I can even pair a heart monitor. We didn't have time to use the wind noise thingie let alone put a piece of tape over the mic hole. The damn thing ran for a while too, I think I have either three or four 27 minute segments.

You going to NOLA or Hallett?

17. rwood64083

We're going to NOLA. Plan on Hallet also but taking it a step at a time. Never know what will happen.