1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Hour Endurance race on NSR50R's?!

Discussion in 'General' started by gohard, Mar 29, 2011.

1. gohard

gohard Member

Hey all,
    Due to the recession, a few friends and I started racing these little bikes, and we are having a ball! I am over 6' and nearly 195lbs, and the little NSR50 is more comfortable than an RS125.
    Coming up is an 8 hour endurance race. I need a team of up to six riders and two bikes (I have two bikes and two riders so far). Entry fee is only $85!
    Rather than recruiting from within my league, I thought I'd see if I could spark the interest of any other racers. Hit me up if you are interested, especially if you are mechanically inclined or just want to have a ton of fun without all the stress and expense.
    Watch the video to get an idea of the size of the bike. Here is the link:
    http://www.m1-grandprix.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=26:do-you-have-what-it-takes?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Looks like fun.

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

If you run this race in four months I will do it. Well, I'll commit to making room in my schedule. Which is really that I'll beg my wife to let me go. That right there is commitment of the highest level.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im amused the organizer took the time to explain what "free girl for every team" meant...lol.

5. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

M1GP are an amazing group of people, the tracks are awesome, and racing a 50 is quite possibly the most fun you can have on two wheels. If you are available and like to race bikes you owe it to yourself to do this, but be forewarned; racing minis is highly addictive and you WILL be shopping for a 50 of your own shortly afterwards.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

If I would have known a couple weeks sooner I would have been there. Damn... I've got a good team and a fresh built NSR just cant pull it off in 2 weeks.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We did it once and Ty's team came in 2nd place. We would happily do it again, it just happens to fall on an USGPRU race weekend.

If I remember correctly we got beat by a team from Japan. The great thing about the NSR's is a set of tires will last the entire 8 hours. We had only kids on our team so some of them could only last 15-20 minutes at a time. Some of the adults could fill up the tank and go 1 hour to 1.25 hours.

We had at least one current AMA racer on the track with us, it was pretty cool.

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Chris Sarbora and I did an 8 hour endurance race in South Africa last December on Honda CBR150R's. Just the two of us, rode about 45 minute stints eacht then switched off.
    it was a blast but tiring as sh!t

Wish this event was on the east coast!

9. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

I would fly out for this but that would make 3 moto weekends in a row for me and the divorce would be very expensive!

The other 2 aren't WERA so I can't tell you anything about them without getting banned so you'll just have to wonder.:tut: One does involve 4 races which I kind of consider a warm up for a limited WERA season in 2012.

10. gohard

gohard Member

Damn, at least most of you are short on time, not money.... which is a great thing! The price goes up $30 ($85 - $115) on April 1st, which I am sure won't kill anyone.
    And as Tortuga said, minis are very addictive. Who would have thought I learned to drift a 7.5hp bike at 50mph?! I even crashed once drifting on the same corner... I got up so fast and was back on the bike that hardly anyone saw that I even crashed (besides me kicking the peg back down for quarter of a lap!) The bikes are nearly bullet proof compared to their big brothers.
    I will be supplying bikes, tires... and for what the fuel costs, I'll even throw that in too! On top of that, I will bring the bikes to Willow for prior training/practice. All you need is your riding kit, registration fees, and good attitude and a will to win!
    Who's in!?

11. six6two

six6two AWD

i want one!

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

damn i'd love to do this but its all the way out californiway

13. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

njminigp.com does 4hr endurance races as well on the east coast. Its jersey so lock up your shit:D

14. earacing

earacing Race Dad

This is good fun. My son Kenny was part of Team Poison Dart Frog Racing that won the NSR class last year, along with kids Jason Aguilar and Sean Heeney, and adult Tracy Schram.

We're not racing it this year due to scheduling conflicts, so you adults have a chance :D

15. gohard

gohard Member

It's a shame Kenny won't be on the track. That conflict could be why there is only 9 or ten teams this year.
    As for the rest of you that haven't got scheduling conflicts....
    So far we have four racers, including a racer from Atlanta that is flying over to help out.
    Registration cuts off at midnight on Wednesday... anyone?
    $115 to register and I supply everything else...
    If interested, call Adam asap on Three one zero, 890 2035